As in the thread name I wanna sound like Rings of Saturn. I've got a Line6 Spider IV 150w Head with a Line6 4x12 cab and a Ibanez GRG7221(7String). Could I get any pedals or a new guitar/amp to help me sound like them?.
Any response will be greatly appreciated, thanks .
It's what makes Rings of Saturn sound like Rings of Saturn:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/10/08/video-rings-saturn-guitarist-lucas-manns-criminal-abuse-guitar-pro/

Seriously though, I can't tell you what gear was used on that particular album. It's kind of irrelevant though because the thing that makes that music sound the way it does is the robotic editing of every single note to make it sound perfect.
Quote by Random3
It's kind of irrelevant though because the thing that makes that music sound the way it does is the robotic editing of every single note to make it sound perfect.

Funny stuff.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Ive seen old vids of Lucas playing an Axe FX through 2 Basson 4x12 cabs. I think there was an old vid of Invasion played this way. Other rackmount gear as well, though I don't recall what. Some sort of power amp, obviously.

I saw them live a year or two ago, and I don't recall seeing cabs onstage, so probably Axe FX straight into front of house. Lucas used a Schecter 7 string with glow in the dark tape as block-style fret markers, the other guy (left handed dude) used an Agile Interceptor 727 Pro.

Thats all I got. Good luck with your search.

FWIW, Guitar Pro's RSE is the closest you'll get haha
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Random3i actually recorded a demo with their producer and he did the same thing to the drums. He took each individual drum strike and realigned it to a grid and copy pasted and make blast beats with it. He's good at what he does, but I definitely don't agree with it. If you're gonna do any editing you might as well just go complete midi.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Random3

Drums are almost always edited to the grid on modern productions. Not to the extreme in ROS stuff but beat detective makes a lot of the editing unnoticeable

My best guess man would be a super tight compressor with a high threshold noise gate for the rhythm. Maybe 5153 amp on the Axe? I'm really guessing here

The leads are very mid heavy with a good amount of reverb.

I'll search for their patches to give you a better answer
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
They use to use Peavey 3120's through Basson 4x12's (this was in Montreal in 2011ish). Peavey doesn't make that amp anymore, but you can still find it used for a reasonable price of around $500. They switched to the Axe-FX Ultra and sold most of their gear (judging by a facebook post Lucas Mann put out).