Hi!

It's time for a new acoustic guitar!
My budget is around 650$, feel free to suggest any guitar that you think will suit.
I play mostly fingerstyle.

I liked very much to play on a Fan Fret guitar, so I found this in my budget:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172246124292?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I liked the sound of Breedlove:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Breedlove-Pursuit-Concert-25th-Anniversary-Acoustic-Electric-Koa-Guitar-Gig-Bag-/361504124428?hash=item542b532e0c:g:Qo8AAOSwvgdW2gmL

And I think the best sound I've ever heard blongs to Taylor, but I'm afraid it's too expensive for me:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172228346255?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The differnece between the sound of the Ibanez AELFF10 and the Taylor 114ce are important?

Thanks a lot!
Haim
If the Taylor is the one that you prefer, and it's only about $100 more, then I think that you should save up for it. Do you have a job?

There's no point in "settling" if you don't have to. A lot of people love Breedlove, I for one don't, but Ibanez pretty consistently makes, at best, mediocre acoustic guitars, so I think waiting a bit for the Taylor is best.
My God, it's full of stars!
As you'll read in most forums, try as many different makes & models you can lay your hands on. That being said, even the same models of guitars can have a different sound & feel. Having just purchased a Recording King RD-310 myself and finding it has a great sound (all solid woods, Adirondack spruce top & African mahogany back & sides) and easy to play, I'd suggest you "try it, you might like it"
I wouldn't get a fan fret unless I was really convinced I would stick with it, and I wouldn't buy any kind of inexpensive Ibanez without trying it first.

The Breedlove might be good, but my first choice in those three would be the 114 by a fair margin, mostly on constructional grounds - no bling, good clever engineering.
Thanks a lot, guys!

So, I'll probably go with the Taylor.
If I increase the budget to 800$, there is any specific Taylor model that you recommend?
Taylor, Yamaha, Breedlove, Seagull, and Takamine are the guitars I like in that price range. I have never played an Ibanez acoustic I really liked but there may be one out there still. Go play some guitars and trust your hands and your ears. They will know when you find "the one". If you shop used you can get a lot more guitar within budget.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
First of all, comparing that Ibanez to the other two guitars is futile and foolish, apples and oranges, if you will. The Ibanez is a baritone model, and the scale is almost 27" (680mm) long. It wouldn't even be tuned to the same pitch(es) as the others. It's also fully laminated, at least that's what the specs are implying. I have two Ibby acoustics, and they both suck.

The Breedlove is a smaller "concert" size body, which may or may not be, to your sonic preference. (It won't have "thud").

Which leaves you with the Taylor "1xx" series. The Taylor 110 is a dreadnought body, the 114 is what they call a "Grand Auditorium". They have different tonal responses, and you would have to A/B those two same brand guitars, to determine which one meets your needs.

BTW, Ibanez electric acoustics, (or "acoustic electrics" here in the US), amplify very well. But, their laminate models tend to impress at first hearing with new strings on the guitar, then sound dull and lifeless 3 days later when that "new string sound" wears off.
@OP: I'd opt for the Taylor, but without the cutout. You are paying $150 extra for the cutout. Don't know about you but I never play 12 frets up the neck (at least on the acoustic), so that would be $150 down the sewer for me.
Mr. Rex is quite correct. On most of Taylor's "1xx" guitars, the electronics are standard, and the "vanity tax", is on the cutaway alone.

Virtually all other mid line instruments, deliver the electronics and cutaway as a single package, for about the same step up cost.

If you really want a guitar with a crap load of neck to work with, a Gibson "SG" or or one of its copies, clones, or homages, will hook you right up.

Of course, some people complain of neck dive with the style. If you did (@TS), however, we would gently usher you to the electric forum, and be done with the matter...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 11, 2016,