Page 1 of 2
Man who shared the recording with his 13K instagram followers gets good old police harrasment treatment.....................allegedly.

http://usuncut.com/news/alton-sterling-videographer-arrested/

"The very next day, while trying to get through a security checkpoint to go to his job as an aerospace ground equipment technician at Dobbins Air Reserve Base, LeDay was surrounded and detained by ten military police officers, some of whom carried M-16 rifles."

Apologies for the inflammatory thread title
But this is ridiculous.........allegedly
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jul 11, 2016,
You're out in left field here. This has nothing to do with whether Sterling's death was justifiable.

There was a white kid killed that same week in Fresno. Unarmed, unlike Sterling and the other guy. Shot several times while lying on the ground - by white cops. Nobody gives a FUCK about that because it doesn't fit the narrative.
I want to work in a place where there's so little to do that ten employees can go off and fuck around being unproductive for a little while.
"Some of whom carried M-16 rifles"

lol

Thank god for the prevention of the death of sensationalist journalism
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Jul 10, 2016,
"Newspapers are the second hand (i.e. hand indicating seconds on the clock) of history. This hand, however, is usually not only of inferior metal to the other two hands, it also seldom works properly. The so-called 'leading articles' in them are the chorus to the drama of current events. Exaggeration in every sense is as essential to newspaper writing as it is to the writing of plays: for the point is to make as much as possible of every occurence. So that all newspaper writers are, for the sake of their trade, alarmists: this is their way of making themselves interesting. What they really do, however, is resemble little dogs who, as soon as anything whatever moves, start up a loud barking. It is necessary, therefore, not to pay too much attention to their alarms, and to realize in general that the newspaper is a magnifying glass, and this only at best: for very often it is no more than a shadow-play on the wall."

-Based Schopenhauer
Quote by pressureproject
You're out in left field here. This has nothing to do with whether Sterling's death was justifiable.

There was a white kid killed that same week in Fresno. Unarmed, unlike Sterling and the other guy. Shot several times while lying on the ground - by white cops. Nobody gives a FUCK about that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

I don't think you know what's going on here.
Surely the police intimidation should be a bigger issue here than journalism issues

How long until cops get the right to confiscate all cell phones at a crime scene.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I want to work in a place where there's so little to do that ten employees can go off and fuck around being unproductive for a little while.

Last I checked, McDonald's in my town seemed to be utilising that business model.

And TS, what is there to say that the guy's detention wasn't justified? Sheer coincidence does not a conspiracy make. If it's later found to be proven he was targeted, then bully for him, but to create a thread that is essentially post hoc ergo propter hoc doesn't really help.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Yeh because police are so good at allowing things to be proven. No one comment until police tell us the honest and real truth.
Awww, did you get a DUI once and felt it was unfair?

And besides, he was arrested for some old offences, regardless of your thoughts on that, Police have the obligation to ensure that laws are enforced, he works at an Air Force base, which is highly likely to have some pretty intense security, so an M-16 doesn't seem that far-fetched as an ordinary weapon in this scenario.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Awww, did you get a DUI once and felt it was unfair?

And besides, he was arrested for some old offences, regardless of your thoughts on that, Police have the obligation to ensure that laws are enforced, he works at an Air Force base, which is highly likely to have some pretty intense security, so an M-16 doesn't seem that far-fetched as an ordinary weapon in this scenario.

Actually he claims he was arrested for assault and battery. But ya know I wouldn't expect you to be seriously giving a fuck about this after you say stupid shit like did you get an unfair DUI once.
Get your troll on bro, thats fine. I'll just correct your ignorant mistakes.
Quote by EyeNon15
Actually he claims he was arrested for assault and battery. But ya know I wouldn't expect you to be seriously giving a fuck about this after you say stupid shit like did you get an unfair DUI once.
Get your troll on bro, thats fine. I'll just correct your ignorant mistakes.

He claims he was arrested for assault and battery, yet was actually arrested for unpaid infringements...the arrest process remains the same, no matter the offence....As someone who works closely with Police, some of them can be incredibly stupid, and may have got his information mixed up with someone elses re the assault charge. But either way, he was arrested, and taken into custody....where's the conspiracy? It's not like he was arrested, held in custody for a long time and then released without charge later.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
He claims he was arrested for assault and battery, yet was actually arrested for unpaid infringements...the arrest process remains the same, no matter the offence....As someone who works closely with Police, some of them can be incredibly stupid, and may have got his information mixed up with someone elses re the assault charge. But either way, he was arrested, and taken into custody....where's the conspiracy? It's not like he was arrested, held in custody for a long time and then released without charge later.

1) all arrest processes are not the same
2) he claims he was held in custody for a very long time.

Keep trolling that's fine, I'll correct your ignorance
Pray tell? How does an arrest process differ? A warrant is issued, Police make locate the offender, they arrest them.

He was held in Custody to presumably be brought before a Court for them to decide what happens from there, OR to serve a set period of imprisonment to satisfy the outstanding amount on the Warrant, which is a pretty common occurrence. (For example, where I live, a person can be imprisoned for not paying fines, and 1 day in jail equals about $160 off the fines)
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Pray tell? How does an arrest process differ? A warrant is issued, Police make locate the offender, they arrest them.

Uh, sometimes only a couple of officers go. Sometimes 20, sometimes an entire team go.
Sometimes they prefer not to do it at a person's place of employment to avoid making a scene sometimes they make it a point to do it at the person's place of employment. Etc etc etc
But at the end of the day, the mechanisms in place that allow these arrests to occur are still the same. To go about screaming about "the injustice" or anything similar, when the man clearly has unfinished business with the legal system seems like a nice attempt at smoke and mirrors.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
But at the end of the day, the mechanisms in place that allow these arrests to occur are still the same. To go about screaming about "the injustice" or anything similar, when the man clearly has unfinished business with the legal system seems like a nice attempt at smoke and mirrors.

To claim that there is nothing at all suspicious about this incident is you burying your head in the sand.

No, it's more like you putting your fingers in your ears and screaming "lalalalala I can't hear you, justice was clearly served here"
We already been over the topic of sensationalist journalism. I still maintain that the possibility of police intimidation that allegedly happen here is a bigger issue than your gripes with headlines
I never said it wasn't suspicious, I'm just applying Occam's razor here......there's always three sides to every story, his side, the Police's side, and the actual truth. I feel like there's a lot more information that needs to be obtained in this case either way before we can determine who is actually in the right here. The guy who got arrested could be a shit bag criminal, or the police could have harrassed him and mishandled this case. Either way, it's indeterminate at this stage.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Yes and I immediately apologized for the way I typed the title of this thread. I don't know what else your issue is here other than you being angered that a thread was even made about it at all.
Quote by EyeNon15
Yes and I immediately apologized for the way I typed the title of this thread. I don't know what else your issue is here other than you being angered that a thread was even made about it at all.

You typed the title, then your post, then edited with an apology for the title at the end 3 minutes later. The first response was 57 minutes after that. One wonders how sincere an apology of that sort really is? If you actually didn't like the thread title and felt you had made an error, perhaps you could have deleted the post and avoided the shitstorm (assuming we can still do that, I've not tried since the revisions.)?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
You typed the title, then your post, then edited with an apology for the title at the end 3 minutes later. The first response was 57 minutes after that. One wonders how sincere an apology of that sort really is? If you actually didn't like the thread title and felt you had made an error, perhaps you could have deleted the post and avoided the shitstorm (assuming we can still do that, I've not tried since the revisions.)?

3 minutes is too long you are saying?

And that it was insincere? You want a blood sacrifice next time I decide to apologize about something?
Quote by EyeNon15
3 minutes is too long you are saying?

And that it was insincere? You want a blood sacrifice next time I decide to apologize about something?

Why didn't you simply delete it, there were no responses?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Why didn't you simply delete it, there were no responses?

Because there were responses
Quote by EyeNon15
Because there were responses

You posted it. You edited it 3 minute later to include the apology. The first response came in 57 minutes later.

There were no responses at the time of the edit.

Cool that you can edit the title though, would have saved a lot of posts.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
You posted it. You edited it 3 minute later to include the apology. The first response came in 57 minutes later.

There were no responses at the time of the edit.

Ok, next time I create a thread a thread I will abide by this rule that you seemingly have come up with on the fly. If no one comments within 57 minutes I will delete the thread.

So are you firm on this time limit? Exactly 57 minutes? You don't suppose we could bump that up a little to an even hour?
I like how butthurt you are in the face of a good point.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I like how butthurt you are in the face of a good point.

Sorry try to grasp the reality that deleting a thread after 57 minutes without comment isn't just something that everyone should automatically know.
I've seen threads with zero responses just fade away into the backpages and Ive seen threads come alive after hours of no comments.
Ive never heard of any u must delete them after 57 minutes rule.
My apologies for not immediately grasping such a brilliant point
Actually he said you had plenty of time to delete it within the 57 minutes but I'm not surprised that you're too thick to comprehend that.

Cause, you know, he said that the first comment came 57 minutes after. As in, nobody posted in your thread in 57 minutes.

As in you had 57 minutes to fix that error if you really gave a shit (which you dont)

But yeah, really hard concept to grasp for sure bud.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Actually he said you had plenty of time to delete it within the 57 minutes but I'm not surprised that you're too thick to comprehend that.

Cause, you know, he said that the first comment came 57 minutes after. As in, nobody posted in your thread in 57 minutes.

As in you had 57 minutes to fix that error if you really gave a shit (which you dont)

But yeah, really hard concept to grasp for sure bud.

Again, I apologized for the error within 3 minutes. Which apparently was still way too long.

You are confused about the 57 minutes thing.

At please let's not pretend that a bad thread is what you give a shit about here. We both know what it is you are really doing. Let's not pretend.
Quote by EyeNon15
Blah blah blah, im butthurt that nobody is playing along with my boring troll

For sure. Let's not pretend indeed.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Actually a lot of people are doing what you refer to as "playing along with my boring troll" especially you.
mhmm, keep telling yourself that
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Is the popcorn for you to enjoy while you are totally not "playing along with my boring troll"?

All you have to do is shut the fuck up and this thread will fade away into the 2nd page and beyond by the end of the day.

But by all means continue to not play along with my boring troll
Dude why so mad tho. Your thread is super interesting
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Interesting enough for you to keep trying to get the last word in while simultaneously not playing along with my boring troll
Tell me more. Super riveting.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 2