Heya guys, I am trying to put together a decent set up for my Stoner Rock project. I dont want to break the bank. I am looking using a CR120 head with a PPC212.

Questions are, with the PPC212 do I want open or closed back? Is the head going to do the job? Ill be getting most my sound from my fuzz pedals. I want enough to play live.

Ill be playing downtuned a full step at least as well as some stuff at c standard. Really after a good fuzz sound too.

Thanks guys.
I use a closed ppc212. An open one doesn't have the bass you need. For what kind of sound are you looking? Sleep or kyuss?
MacPark I use the PPC212 with open back and have both the CR120 and TH30. This works great for me at home and in smaller places/the rehearsal space. I was once told that, with a closed back, you can direct the audio better towards, say, an audience. Anyway, when using a proper fuzz pedal (Electro Harmonix Big Muff) you can pull it off with that CR120.
Quote by maxxxkolo
I use a closed ppc212. An open one doesn't have the bass you need. For what kind of sound are you looking? Sleep or kyuss?

Im more kyuss out of them but fumanchu is even more what im going for soundwise.