Hi!

I'm a total noob and I found this Epiphone Les Paul on Kijiji (canadian Craigslist). I'd like to know the exact model, and how much you would pay for it (it says it is in perfect condition). The guy is selling it for $500 CAD (about 380 USD).

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: http://imgur.com/a/KtrNo
Last edited by louis.obrien at Jul 11, 2016,
I see no picture
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I see no picture

Whoops! I added the link to my post.
Last edited by louis.obrien at Jul 11, 2016,
Looks like a lefty 90s made in Korea Epiphone Les Paul. Probably a Standard. Do you have pics of the back?

If it's with a case I would say 350-500 CAD is probably fair so long as there isn't any major damage. That is around what they go for around my parts.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It may not even be an Epiphone at all. I have 5 Epiphone Les Paul's including two Korean ones from the 90's. To start there is a distinct point on the cut out of the one in your picture. Epiphone's are like Gibson's, that cutout should be rounded not a point. I checked my Epiphones and the cutout joins the neck by the 4th fret from the of the bottom of the neck. If I am seeing clearly, the guitar in your picture joins near the 3rd fret. It may be an older Epiphone from the days when thy were made by Matsmoku in Japan and Samick in Korea. Either way I don't think it's worth more than $250 if it's an actual Epiphone made from the late 80's on but if it's an old 70's early 80's era Epi I personally wouldn't touch it. That's just my opinion. The only way to know is get the serial number.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by Rickholly74
It may not even be an Epiphone at all. I have 5 Epiphone Les Paul's including two Korean ones from the 90's. To start there is a distinct point on the cut out of the one in your picture. Epiphone's are like Gibson's, that cutout should be rounded not a point. I checked my Epiphones and the cutout joins the neck by the 4th fret from the of the bottom of the neck. If I am seeing clearly, the guitar in your picture joins near the 3rd fret. It may be an older Epiphone from the days when thy were made by Matsmoku in Japan and Samick in Korea. Either way I don't think it's worth more than $250 if it's an actual Epiphone made from the late 80's on but if it's an old 70's early 80's era Epi I personally wouldn't touch it. That's just my opinion. The only way to know is get the serial number.

I don't think the Matsumoku era ever produced LPs. Especially with that style Epiphone headstock.They mostly made the Hollowbody stuff from what I can recall. 89 was the first year for the Epiphone LP and the headstock looks completely different to the current style Epiphone headstock. Epiphone Japan still makes Epiphones now and they make LPs but they're for the JDM only and have Gibson headstocks.

You might be right about the cutaway. A few more pictures of the bridge and closer shots of the body might help out right now. The serial number can be faked pretty easy but if it's a number that is used commonly with other fakes then it could be somewhat useful.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I think you are right about Matsumoko. They probably were too early on to make LP's.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
It is a legit Epi LP Standard, from ~1990-2000

and yes, there were Japan made Epi Les Pauls before the official Samick made ones came out in 1989
though Epi never will admit it.....'cause it was before Henry & Co bought Gibson/Epi
Last edited by paruwi at Jul 12, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Epiphone Japan still makes Epiphones now and they make LPs but they're for the JDM only and have Gibson headstocks.

No, they stopped making MiJ Les Pauls years ago
Quote by paruwi
It is a legit Epi LP Standard, from ~1990-2000

and yes, there were Japan made Epi Les Pauls before the official Samick made ones came out in 1989
though Epi never will admit it.....'cause it was before Henry & Co bought Gibson/Epi

Thats pretty interesting. Sorry to derail a bit but what were they like?

Quote by paruwi
No, they stopped making MiJ Les Pauls years ago

Thanks for the info. When did they stop?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jul 12, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thats pretty interesting.
Sorry to derail a bit but what were they like?

Thanks for the info. When did they stop?

they look similar to the 'Yamano Gakki' Epi LPs (bolt on neck two screws in the pickup cavity - one screw on the back)

they stopped in 2008 when the Elitist series got discontinued
Quote by paruwi
they look similar to the 'Yamano Gakki' Epi LPs (bolt on neck two screws in the pickup cavity - one screw on the back)

they stopped in 2008 when the Elitist series got discontinued

Thanks for the info

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by louis.obrien
Hi!

I'm a total noob and I found this Epiphone Les Paul on Kijiji (canadian Craigslist). I'd like to know the exact model, and how much you would pay for it (it says it is in perfect condition). The guy is selling it for $500 CAD (about 380 USD).

Thanks a lot!

The 'perfect condition' can be seen on the fretboard......

not worth the asked price, IMO
Last edited by paruwi at Jul 12, 2016,
Quote by louis.obrien
Hi!

Thanks a lot!

I sold both my Elitists for $800 CDN (each w/ OHSC) a few years ago and they were in great shape (Kijiji) ! I just sold my PRS SE245 for $490 and it was near mint (kijiji again). Don't pay that ($500) for an older run of the mill Epi. You should be able to find used Trad+s for close to that price even now. Some people ask ridiculous prices for their stuff on Kijiji.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Jul 14, 2016,