I have at least 20 different kinds of picks, many with multiples. I'm never, ever satisfied. I know what I want, though: a Jazz 3 Ultex with 2.0mm. Acrylic is too sticky so my stealth Gravity pick is not good enough - plus it has a fat edge, unlike the Jazz 3. The Jazz 3 has the freakin best edge and tip, and size, and feel....but is too floppy. I ordered the "stiffo" and it is softer than the ultex. Everything is 1.38. Ughhh.

Besides breaking into the Dunlop factory and making one myself, are there any, very similar options?
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 12, 2016,
Which pick would you choose for the most dramatic string scrapes, danny?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Well there are Ultex Jazz IIIs. There's the John Petrucci model and the Primetone model, of the top of my head, and I suspect either would make you rethink the need for 2mm. That said, if you honestly find the standard Jazz IIIs floppy, they might not. Those things are practically rigid - Ultex is very stiff stuff. The carbon fibre ones are also substantially stiffer than the normal Jazz IIIs, but not to the same extent as the JP or Primetone models.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 12, 2016,
Quote by 21GunSalute
I have at least 20 different kinds of picks, many with multiples. I'm never, ever satisfied. I know what I want, though: a Jazz 3 Ultex with 2.0mm. Acrylic is too sticky so my stealth Gravity pick is not good enough - plus it has a fat edge, unlike the Jazz 3. The Jazz 3 has the freakin best edge and tip, and size, and feel....but is too floppy. I ordered the "stiffo" and it is softer than the ultex.

You can get that edge and tip and size from Gravity as well...
Ask Chris.
Quote by Cathbard
Which pick would you choose for the most dramatic string scrapes, danny?

Of those that I suggested, in order, I'd say metal followed by carbon nylon or carbon fiber, and last would be some kind of stone. Stone picks tend to have glassy smooth, rounded sides unless you get them flat sided.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 12, 2016,
I have settled at the carbon fiber jazz iii's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/