I love bass and have found a rather interesting bass channel (Adam Neely). Some of his theories are rather fascinating.

He recently uploaded a video on "Harmonic Polyrhythms" about how harmony and intervals are related to polyrhythm in a way. It's rather interesting.

Another video has him play a bassline to a rather famous clip from The Simpsons. It's about translating speech to notes on an instrument and by extension, notation. Got any more information on that concept? I might try notating some of Bill Cipher's lines from Gravity Falls and incorporate them into a composition.

Here's his lesson on Walking bass (an autotuned song that explains walking bass wonderfully). Someone posting a video of this is what caused me to discover this wonderful channel.

Also what kind of rhythm is playing at 11:18 in Meshuggah's "Elastic" (the outro where all the songs on that album are synced and seemingly harmonized) and how would one attempt to notate that?

What do you guys think.
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Last edited by RonaldPoe at Jul 12, 2016,