Page 1 of 2

New 6505, that looks tiny. Sounds decent enough, might pick one up at some point if the reviews are good.

What do you guys think of it?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Jul 12, 2016,
Interesting. I wonder what the price point will be. I like the mini amp trend.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I like the idea a lot. Also waiting for some real life user videos.
Quote by ryanbwags
Interesting. I wonder what the price point will be. I like the mini amp trend.

Price is $180.
Quote by dthmtl3
Price is $180.

Yeah, I skimmed the videos looking for the amp test. like you said, it will be nice when we can hear actual review audio and not show floor.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
Yeah, I skimmed the videos looking for the amp test. like you said, it will be nice when we can hear actual review audio and not show floor.

Yeah it could be garbage, but 180 in Sterling (Assuming it's that) is a decent price point for an amp that can stay in a gig bag as a backup
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Anyone actually seen one for sale yet? It never made it to Peavey's site at last check.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
Anyone actually seen one for sale yet? It never made it to Peavey's site at last check.

I've seen a couple via google shopping, but nothing really concrete
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Sweetwater keeps getting them...and selling them.

There are a bunch on Ebay.
Looks kind of cool. I'd probably get one as a little toy or something.

Might make a decent amp I can leave up at my cottage
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Looks kind of cool. I'd probably get one as a little toy or something.

Might make a decent amp I can leave up at my cottage

I could just throw it in my gig bag if this new band gets up and running!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I could just throw it in my gig bag if this new band gets up and running!

I'd probably rather the 6505MH for that.

I mean does this new one have the power ratings etc... listed yet? From what I'm reading this thing is a tube pre, mosfet power amp thing.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

I mean does this new one have the power ratings etc... listed yet? From what I'm reading this thing is a tube pre, mosfet power amp thing.

20W at 8ohms
15W at 4ohm if I remember rightly, true, the MH might be better for that, but it depends on needs at the time and stuff, gonna wait on reviews and not another Andertons video. Not a fan of their content at all, but that's just an opinion.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Seems reasonable though for genre's not requiring power amp distortion (so almost all of them...) as long as the pre is a quality piece.

The new SS power ends are pretty amazing, I've got a ZT lunchbox and although used by itself it's a bit sterile (But LOUD, even with the dinky speaker) if you push it with a good tube preamp section it'll rock the house!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Seems reasonable though for genre's not requiring power amp distortion (so almost all of them...) as long as the pre is a quality piece.

The new SS power ends are pretty amazing, I've got a ZT lunchbox and although used by itself it's a bit sterile (But LOUD, even with the dinky speaker) if you push it with a good tube preamp section it'll rock the house!

Sure, why not? It's not like I was trying to imply otherwise. Just stating a fact as such

Quote by Fisheth24
20W at 8ohms
15W at 4ohm if I remember rightly, true, the MH might be better for that, but it depends on needs at the time and stuff, gonna wait on reviews and not another Andertons video. Not a fan of their content at all, but that's just an opinion.

Yeah Andertons is kind of wank with the main 2 but I really like it when they get that dutch dude and the other guy that can shred it up.

I mean on price point alone it's probably not a bad thing to try out. It costs about as much as a nice pedal anyway
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Fisheth24
20W at 8ohms

It is probably 15watts at 16ohm not 4ohm

to me it looks like a gimmick to help Peavey sell some stuff, they have been in financial trouble for several years now
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

to me it looks like a gimmick to help Peavey sell some stuff, they have been in financial trouble for several years now

I've heard that before but given that they are a privately held company and one of the largest audio manufacturers in the world, I'm wondering where it came from because their financials aren't readily available?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Robbgnarly
It is probably 15watts at 16ohm not 4ohm

Probably, I've been in bass player land for too long, I do apologise!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
One preamp tube does not a 6505 preamp make. Still, the Vyper does a half decent 6505 so it may be passable.

However, the clip in the second vid doesn't sound much like a 6505 does it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 13, 2016,
Not particularly.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
very cool. gonna have to look into that.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I think it is on the same level as the micro terror.

good strategy on peaveys behalf getting into that market.

i won't be buying one though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Calling it a 6505 is a bit of a Blackstar move.

Should've called it something else but then the metalcore kids this amp is marketed for would never buy it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 14, 2016,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I think it is on the same level as the micro terror.

good strategy on peaveys behalf getting into that market.

i won't be buying one though.

Yeah, it's great for someone who doesn't have a car, they can just turn up at a gig and have it in their gigbag and plug into another bands cab. Would be great for me, considering I find the Dark Terror's far too heavy for my arms, so this could be cool, waiting for user reviews though!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
You'd be better off with some sort of pod type thing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You'd be better off with some sort of pod type thing.

Can pod's run into cabinets? A lot of the small gigs I do only have vocal PA's sadly, otherwise I'd jump at that chance.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
They don't have one spare input? Where are you playing?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Arby911
I've heard that before but given that they are a privately held company and one of the largest audio manufacturers in the world, I'm wondering where it came from because their financials aren't readily available?

Don't have to be.

Peavey has been on a serious downslope for several years. They've had to close four or five manufacturing locations here in the US (which amounts to nearly all of them) due to lackluster sales and have had to move manufacturing for most things offshore, dumping employees right and left with no notice here in the states.They had a showroom on Sunset across from the flagship GC and had to close that. Their sales get tracked by several companies (whose job it is to do that sort of thing) and the results are available (for a price). You can find several of those companies providing sales and marketing share data at NAMM every year.

And finally, they had Hartley show up on Undercover Boss (even the single digit IQ employees spotted him), where he swore on several stacks of bibles that there would be jobs for them and that he'd never close that last plant. A few weeks after they finished filming, he closed the plant and moved its manufacturing to China. I've met him in person and long since decided that I would never buy anything from him or from any entity that he or anyone in his family owned, but that was several years before all this went down.
Last edited by dspellman at Jul 14, 2016,
Quote by Fisheth24
Can pod's run into cabinets? A lot of the small gigs I do only have vocal PA's sadly, otherwise I'd jump at that chance.

Nope -- you need a power amp somewhere between the pod and the cabinet. I have a 1500W RMS power amp that weighs 9 lbs and runs around $300.

Or you need a powered cabinet. For example, a Carvin PM12A is an active PA-style cabinet with a 12" woofer and a horn-loaded tweeter and a 400W RMS power amp built in that runs under $300, or close to.
Quote by dspellman
Don't have to be.

Peavey has been on a serious downslope for several years. They've had to close four or five manufacturing locations here in the US (which amounts to nearly all of them) due to lackluster sales and have had to move manufacturing for most things offshore, dumping employees right and left with no notice here in the states.They had a showroom on Sunset across from the flagship GC and had to close that. Their sales get tracked by several companies (whose job it is to do that sort of thing) and the results are available (for a price). You can find several of those companies providing sales and marketing share data at NAMM every year.

And finally, they had Hartley show up on Undercover Boss (even the single digit IQ employees spotted him), where he swore on several stacks of bibles that there would be jobs for them and that he'd never close that last plant. A few weeks after they finished filming, he closed the plant and moved its manufacturing to China. I've met him in person and long since decided that I would never buy anything from him or from any entity that he or anyone in his family owned, but that was several years before all this went down.

None of which says the company is in financial trouble, just that they are cutthroat pricks and decided to move manufacturing to where it was more competitive.

So really no different than any other company that's done this?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
None of which says the company is in financial trouble, just that they are cutthroat pricks and decided to move manufacturing to where it was more competitive.
So really no different than any other company that's done this?

I'm not going to do your research for you. But the truth is out there if you're interested.
Quote by dspellman
I'm not going to do your research for you. But the truth is out there if you're interested.

No, it's not. Nice dodge though, often used when you've got nothing.
Charles Darwin
Quote by dspellman

And finally, they had Hartley show up on Undercover Boss (even the single digit IQ employees spotted him), where he swore on several stacks of bibles that there would be jobs for them and that he'd never close that last plant. I've met him in person and long since decided that I would never buy anything from him or from any entity that he or anyone in his family owned, but that was several years before all this went down.

It wasn't Hartley who went undercover but some other guy wearing a lame wig. But that's on the producers of the show, not on him.

Why did you decide not to buy any of their products? I like watching Hartley being interviewed, he's entertaining and knowledgeable. I wouldn't want to work for him, but it's not like bosses who are total jerks are a rarity in the US.
Quote by dthmtl3
It wasn't Hartley who went undercover but some other guy wearing a lame wig. But that's on the producers of the show, not on him.

Why did you decide not to buy any of their products? I like watching Hartley being interviewed, he's entertaining and knowledgeable. I wouldn't want to work for him, but it's not like bosses who are total jerks are a rarity in the US.

Sorry -- whole separate issue...
Quote by Arby911
No, it's not. Nice dodge though, often used when you've got nothing.

I have to agree.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Why buy a POD when you can run Bias on your phone or tablet, and it smokes it? For that matter, unless you're set on old-school gear, why buy real when virtual kills?
Quote by Anonden
Why buy a POD when you can run Bias on your phone or tablet, and it smokes it? For that matter, unless you're set on old-school gear, why buy real when virtual kills?

different products are for different applications. pods can work with amp easier. pods can go right into the board if needed. pods are more rugged than ipads and laptops. if you want to sit in your office at 3am and have you're stuff in one place, a software based modeling set up could be perfect.

personally I will keep my 'real' gear.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Anonden
Tons of people using mobile head units for live. It's no longer an argument.

I go out quite often, and have not seen a ipad being used for the guitar modeling. backing tracks, yes. stuff like that. but not modeling software on a tablet/phone. also phones and tablets are quite expensive to replace if damaged, and not as sturdy.

I have no horses in the race though, so it doesn't honestly matter to me.

FWIW i am sitting on nearly 20 tube amps, and probably 40+ pedals, and that is what I use. YMMV.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Page 1 of 2