Page 1 of 2
I reckon Brad is a great hype man

He should get a job running social media accounts of big corporate brands

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
^lol

I would hype up Bill Hicks to marketing major friends wondering if they'd ever see that.
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jul 12, 2016,
Bill Hicks' moral outrage at that highlights his intellectual inferiority.

I don't think Brad makes that many #bradthreads anymore. #BringBackBradThreads
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Bill Hicks' moral outrage at that highlights his intellectual inferiority.

Total pseud, huh
Bill Hicks is George Carlin for dumb hicks.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Fat Lard
>last name is Hicks

I'm not really sure what sort of answer that is.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer

Don't worry, being vague and acting as though he's the only one privy to the joke is kinda his whole thing.
Hate is a strong word, and that's why I use it to describe how I feel about Bill Hicks.
brad
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Rossenrot
Hate is a strong word, and that's why I use it to describe how I feel about Bill Hicks.

I watched him at ages 14/15. Deeply, deeply embarrassing.
Quote by kalypto
bill

butt
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Bill Hicks is like that on hippie dude you knew just before college who didn't quite live the lifestyle but defs took the drugs and then someone said 'hey that guy is a hilarious walking stereotype, lets give him a show'.

Somewhere along that line, people began taking what he actually said seriously. Whatever grain of truth or sensibility he actually said has been said in better ways by better people.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Bill Hicks is a magic set of symbols that has the uncanny capacity to cause folks to respond with increased levels of norepinephrine in any emotional direction of their choosing; a great market.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by vintage x metal
brad
u

lator
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
u

lator

alligator
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
butt

hehe oops

Quote by EpiExplorer

I gave your assertion the response it was worth.

It was a disingenuous comparison which I can only assume comes from a position of ignorance. Just because they are both standup comedians does not make them comparable, or him reducible to a "George Carlin for dumb hicks".

They are two separate pillars of comedians, and most comedians that actually work in the biz would tell you that, as they were both influential in different ways. Believe what you want, as there's no reasoning with the other passive nihilists (not you) on this site anyway.
Quote by Rossenrot

Gee I wonder why. Maybe because youtube decided to take his full standups and other underground hits down, but had the good intention to keep his more edgy, not-as-good opinion on the military up.
Hicks, like Carlin, was an intolerable cringelord
Quote by Fat Lard
Gee I wonder why. Maybe because youtube decided to take his full standups and other underground hits down, but had the good intention to keep his more edgy, not-as-good opinion on the military up.

I don't know what his opinion is on the military, but if its anything else like the rest of his painfully unfunny act, he probably tough talks people who aren't in the room because he was a gigantic pussy with a burnout audience.*

*Yes, I'm aware that he's not here to defend himself.
watching Hicks and Carlin is kinda sad. They're like 14 year olds who never got over their teen angst
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Fat Lard
I gave your assertion the response it was worth.

It was a disingenuous comparison which I can only assume comes from a position of ignorance. Just because they are both standup comedians does not make them comparable, or him reducible to a "George Carlin for dumb hicks".

They are two separate pillars of comedians, and most comedians that actually work in the biz would tell you that, as they were both influential in different ways. Believe what you want, as there's no reasoning with the other passive nihilists (not you) on this site anyway.

I just feel like he's overrated. Every box he should tick for me, he does, but he's just not funny. U KNO ME MAN, I JUST TAKE THE PISS
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Brad threads saved UG.

Pay your respects.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Your threads are good but I still have 30k higher IQ than you settle down son

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
i have mixed feelings on bill hicks. for the most part i dont like him, but some of the stuff tickles me.

carlin is just eh.

not as much of a fan of lewis black anymore.
pretty similar to hicks and carlin in terms of angry ranting. i did like when he flipped out on a heckler at the show i was at a few years ago tho.

patton oswalt probably takes the cake for best response to a heckler.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I like UK comedy too much to even consider liking most US standups. I like Lewis Black because if you put some ominous music behind what he says, it's weirdly mesmerizing. Louis CK is eh, Carlin was eh, Hicks can stay dead, no one else really gets close save maybe the occasional time when Jon Stewart does something that's both funny and gets shows cancelled.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I shall smite you and/or make some threads

you are the only one I know so far w a higher score
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

oh wow we're both in the big leagues then

congratulations we are ug king and queen

Quote by EndTheRapture51

truly

real talk tho do we gotta shit in the mote?? I hear they play nickelback there I'm scared
oh god too late here it comes
LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH

EVERY TIME I DO IT MAKES ME LAUGH

HOW DID OUR EYES GET SO RED

WHAT THE HELL IS ON JOEY'S HEAD?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

we get first pick in the list of the 10 most badass rock guitarists ever xD

I owe my successes to all the other Brads.

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator

4 minutes into complain about ma & chill and he gives u this look

Quote by EpiExplorer

I like UK comedy too much to even consider liking most US standups. I like Lewis Black because if you put some ominous music behind what he says, it's weirdly mesmerizing. Louis CK is eh, Carlin was eh, Hicks can stay dead, no one else really gets close save maybe the occasional time when Jon Stewart does something that's both funny and gets shows cancelled.

Well Bill Hicks' popularity is strictly due to the UK. They were the hicks i guess because America fucking hated him.

Well America hated him until the UK caused him to be marketable, oh the irony.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jul 14, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15

Yeah. He killed it in Austin/etc Texas divebars, but he was too true and ahead of his time to really take off in America until Revelations in London. One of David Letterman's biggest regrets in his career was censoring his work on his show, which he later apologizes for and airs in its entirety (which is funny to watch considering that it lacks the sharp af edge in most of Hicks's work. This being back when edgy was a fresh, revolutionizing thing. Non-edgy is the new edgy.)
Page 1 of 2