It sounds bad to me. Shallow...not very bassy, and the top end sounds dull as well. No sparkle at all. On the other hand, that could be the quality of the recording. Here, check it out. This guy, btw, should not sing and just let us listen to the guitar...it's supposed to be a review of the guitar, not his "meh" singing ability.

If you like pretty guitars then you should check out Luna. They make some really neat looking stuff. I've heard their quality is okay, but not great. I think the ones I've heard easily sound as good or better than the Fender you linked. On the other hand it's up to you. Once you have an axe in your hands sometimes you just fall in love. Just because I dislike Fender acoustics doesn't mean that you won't have great luck with them.
Last edited by TobusRex at Jul 13, 2016,
You really like that, heart shaped sound hole and all..? I mean a certain amount of kitsch and tackiness is always associated with Fender, but that's way over the f***** top.

I mean really, they all laughed when I bought my "Sonoran", and all that's got is the Strat head stock...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 13, 2016,
Quote by Captaincranky
You really like that, heart shaped sound hole and all..? I mean a certain amount of kitsch and tackiness is always associated with Fender, but that's way over the f***** top.

I mean really, they all laughed when I bought my "Sonoran", and all that's got is the Strat head stock...

Hey, not everybody has the same impeccable taste you do Cranky!

Hehehe...I'll laugh at your Sonoran I bought one of those turkeys back in '85 or so. Well, don't know if it was a Sonoran, per se, but it was a "California Series" acoustic with the Strat head stock. It was beautiful..but what a piece of dreck it was. Hope you've had better look with yours.
Is that a guitar the dude's holding, or a Luna baritone uke?

As for the Sonoran, they do come left handed, but I don't think they're a great "bang for the buck". I go mine on discont at a point where M'sF had it posted at 2 prices, I got the lower price, plus 15% off, so it cost bout $330.00 MAP is $449.95 ATM. It definitely isn't worth that.

Mine sounds OK, but the soundboard is puffy so I string it with custom lights. Both my Epiphone EJ-200 sound better, (jumbos and all), but the Sonoran is a nice change.

If you want to get on me about something, it would have to be my Ibanez acoustics. They're both in the unused back bedroom, tuned down.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 15, 2016,