Hi there,

so I'm planning on making a wood block to prevent my floating Floyd Rose from being able to pull up. I want to do this for two main reasons: I want to install a d-tuna, and I almost never pull the bridge up so it would be a great time saver when changing strings, tuning and the likes.

I plan on placing the wood block between the spring cavity and the sustain block, but I doubt if I should glue it properly to the body or to the sustain block with tape like the cheap bastard that I am.

In case my gibberish is difficult to understand, it will basicly act like a Tremol-no, but I don't want to drill the cavity, and part of this project is that I want it to be fully reversible.

Any advaice would be great. Thanks in advance.
If you want it to be reversible, don't glue it.

Velcroing it might be a better solution than just taping it on.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 13, 2016,
What I did was use a 9V battery and some cards to fill the block-body cavity and more cards to fill the spring-block cavity. It doesn't look pretty, but it works.

I don't think there's any need to be gluing things in there. If you do a good job the friction fit should be enough (especially if you keep your trem cavity cover on).

T00DEEPBLUE
that was what I though, but was afraid that if it wasn't stiff enough it wouldn't work. Thanks for the pit, didn't think about velcro. Aside from that, do you think it will work? Have you seen it done? I was afraid that the wood block would act like a pivot point and the springs would take the bridge out if the pivot posts.
Last edited by Diego Carnero at Jul 13, 2016,

nyarlthotep57
ok thanks, it's cool to hear from somebody who did it. The problem with keeping the cover on is that the sustain block is to large for my cavity (a replace the bridge a few months back) and the cover doesn't fit. I may hack it some way or another, but thanks anyway.

I'm not kin to use a battery, because fucking leaks :/
Last edited by Diego Carnero at Jul 13, 2016,
Quote by Diego Carnero

T00DEEPBLUE

Of course it'll work. It's just a piece of wood stopping the bridge from going backwards. You aren't designing the space shuttle.

You might have a situation where if you up on the bar hard enough, you could pull out the studs for the pivot posts. But it would require a crazy amount of force to do that. And it wouldn't matter how you blocked the bridge, the remote possibility of it happening is always going to be there.

If it happens not to work for whatever reason, modify what you've made or try something else.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 13, 2016,
Blocking the trem isn't going to change the fact that it's still recessed and you may have issues fitting a d-tuna since they are made to fit non recessed trems.
^^^ This.
Also, putting a piece of wood between the sustain block and the back side of the spring cavity is going to prevent pushing down, not prevent pulling up.
Recessed is recessed.