"fuck you asimov!"

EDIT: "we got eyes on the perp, he's making for the electrical outlet, shoot to kill!"

Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 13, 2016,
what's up with Asians and naming their kids really old-fashioned white people names
Check out my band Disturbed
Yeah, I've heard of a few chinese guys called Jeffrey.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer

now with added casual rlacism.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EpiExplorer

naw but like they always gotta have weird ass, old-school names like Herman, Cornelius, Melvin n shit
Check out my band Disturbed
Melvin Qiao u kno

Cecil Liu

Bernard Xu

literally making these all up and they seem plausible
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
That is one stupid looking robot. Put it on the new robot wars so we can watch it get smashed up.
I have nothing important to say
That's one fucking tough kid to survive being run over by a 300 lb machine.

You don't think sorcery may have been involved?
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jul 13, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15

That's one fucking tough kid to survive being run over by a 300 lb machine.

Are we talking about killer robots or TS' mum?
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
I laugh harder every time I read this thread title

Edit: It pounced on the kid I read How. the. fuck. can that robot pounce?!
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Last edited by SFosterS at Jul 13, 2016,
"The robot hit my son's head and he fell down facing down on the floor and the robot did not stop and it kept moving forward," Tiffany Teng explained to the channel. "He was crying like crazy and he never cries."
Sounds like a total wuss tbh.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line

"a new groundbreaking innovation in advanced physical security," and notes that "[this] technology changes everything and is especially needed as the world continues to become more and more volatile."

jesus christ

machines will rise soon.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by JackSaints

That is one stupid looking robot. Put it on the new robot wars so we can watch it get smashed up.

Nah it looks like it's from a 60's or 70's sci fi movie which is dope
tbh it kinda looks like a cross between the newer Hitchhiker's Guide adaptation's Marvin and a dalek.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
"But just what, exactly, do these things do? Should a would-be trespasser be afraid of Robocop-style enforcement? Well, no. The K5 mostly patrols, records, and notifies humans if anything appears amiss. And besides, traveling at speeds of 1 to 3 miles an hour, the thing is not exactly going to chase you down."

So why does it exactly need to be 300 pounds???

Is this like when computers used to be warehouse sized?
Quote by EyeNon15
"But just what, exactly, do these things do? Should a would-be trespasser be afraid of Robocop-style enforcement? Well, no. The K5 mostly patrols, records, and notifies humans if anything appears amiss. And besides, traveling at speeds of 1 to 3 miles an hour, the thing is not exactly going to chase you down."

So why does it exactly need to be 300 pounds???

Is this like when computers used to be warehouse sized?

If the weight is all down at the bottom, then it makes it more difficult to knock over, which I'd certainly consider. Might also be to do with having enough batteries so that it's not like an old iPhone and needs to charge for an hour to work for 20 minutes.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
If the weight is all down at the bottom, then it makes it more difficult to knock over, which I'd certainly consider. Might also be to do with having enough batteries so that it's not like an old iPhone and needs to charge for an hour to work for 20 minutes.

So basically it's like when computers were the warehouse sized
Quote by EyeNon15
So basically it's like when computers were the warehouse sized
Well, it's pure speculation on my part.

But making it heavy so that it's stable and/or difficult to half-inch is a kind of sensible precaution for a security killbot.
Quote by Diemon Dave
A very tiny camera that moves around undetected makes more sense to do the job that this thing is said to do.
It claims to be just checkin stuff out and alerting real people if there's anything suspocious.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jul 14, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15
A very tiny camera that moves around undetected makes more sense to do the job that this thing is said to do.
It claims to be just checkin stuff out and alerting real people if there's anything suspocious.

And how will your very tiny camera move about undetected? How will it move at all?

I suspect that one of the purposes of this is visual deterrence because it makes it very obvious that you are being watched, which your magical invisible camera won't do.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
And how will your very tiny camera move about undetected? How will it move at all?

I suspect that one of the purposes of this is visual deterrence because it makes it very obvious that you are being watched, which your magical invisible camera won't do.
If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.

Except that swarms of invisible killbots might be watching you, just waiting for you to slip up.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Arby911

I don't know, that's why I made the comparison to early computers that filled entire rooms.

That's like asking someone in 1950. "How are you going to give this a display monitor and make it fit into someone's pocket?"
Quote by EyeNon15
I don't know, that's why I made the comparison to early computers that filled entire rooms.

That's like asking someone in 1950. "How are you going to give this a display monitor and make it fit into someone's pocket?"

Ok, table that for a bit then.

Do you want deterrence (stopping crime before it happens) or punishment (catching people during or after the commission)?

Because the solution you've outlined has limited value for the first.

That's not to say you couldn't have both of course, but nothing comes for free.

In a space restricted area like a mall, wouldn't it be simpler to have fixed position TPS cameras (a lot of them) tied to a central computer running your key algorithms? No need for small, mobile cameras?
Charles Darwin
I laughed, then I read it was 300 pounds, ouch.

What's a security robot do besides run people over? If it recorded me doing illegal activities, I'd just steal the damn robot.

Early adopters of technology are silly.
Quote by Arby911
Ok, table that for a bit then.

Do you want deterrence (stopping crime before it happens) or punishment (catching people during or after the commission)?

Because the solution you've outlined has limited value for the first.

That's not to say you couldn't have both of course, but nothing comes for free.

In a space restricted area like a mall, wouldn't it be simpler to have fixed position TPS cameras (a lot of them) tied to a central computer running your key algorithms? No need for small, mobile cameras?

Oh ok, it's a million dollar scarecrow.
I can dig it.
Quote by EyeNon15
Oh ok, it's a million dollar scarecrow.
I can dig it.

In effect, yes.

But so is most civilian security work. Perception matters.
Charles Darwin

Child gets rekt by horrifyingly obese robocop
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.