Hi, I 've been searching if exsist a version of a fender wide range humbucker that fits on a single coil form. I saw that many manufacturers (Seymour Duncan et al) have a generic standard humbuckers in a more compact form that can be used on a Stratocaster (i.e http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server4400/9wqpckx/products/138/images/274/PearlyGatesforStrat__72912.1367675226.1280.1280.jpg?c=2 ).

If anyone knows about a "wide range" versions of a fender humbucker but in this slim size, please tell me, and if you own one of them, please tell me about how it feels.

Thanks.
the fender humbuckers really aren't copied much they just haven't proven to be that popular. I'm hard pressed to think of a single coil size one at all. why that particular pickup?
Which wide range pickup, specifically, are you talking about? They have changed quite a bit. If you're referencing one of the newer ones, what you're really hearing is a standard Fender humbucker under a larger cover. I imagine that would be a lot easier to approximate than the original wide-range.

The budget will matter here, too. Duncan will make damn near anything if you ask nicely and have cash to spend.
Last edited by Roc8995 at Jul 13, 2016,
Quote by Roc8995
The budget will matter here, too. Duncan will make damn near anything if you ask nicely and have cash to spend.
Even their custom shop wide ranges are still AlNiCo, though.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
There will be some tradeoffs for the smaller size, of course, but if anyone can approximate a Wide Range in a single coil format it's probably Duncan. The JB Junior sounds damn close to the standard size, and it's got a ceramic magnet instead of the Alnico. I imagine Duncan has ways of compensating for the magnet change. IIRC they will make any of their standard humbuckers 'miniaturized' through their custom shop, so it doesn't seem like a stretch to think they could do a competent "Single-Wide Range."
Last edited by Roc8995 at Jul 13, 2016,
Also check Vintage Vibe, Rio Grande and The Creamery.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Consider Duncan Cool Rails. Pretty close to the Fender wide range in tone, single coil sized.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY