Hey guys.
I have a Schecter Synyster Gates Custom-S, and lately I've been having some problems.
What happens is that when I select the neck pickup, I can only get a clean sound. Even if the distortion in on. The sustainiac works perfectly, but I can only get the distortion working when I select the bridge pick up. The amp is fine.
Do you guys know how can I fix this problem?

Thanks
Quote by tgei346
Hey guys.
I have a Schecter Synyster Gates Custom-S, and lately I've been having some problems.
What happens is that when I select the neck pickup, I can only get a clean sound. Even if the distortion in on. The sustainiac works perfectly, but I can only get the distortion working when I select the bridge pick up. The amp is fine.
Do you guys know how can I fix this problem?

Thanks

The Sustainer uses only the bridge pickup.
You actually have NO neck pickup; the sustainer driver (which looks exactly like a full size humbucker) acts as your neck pickup when you switch to it.
Honestly, it's not a very good neck pickup and never will be.

Gary Brawer in San Francisco has set up my Sustainer-equipped guitars with a single-coil-size sustainer driver and a single coil size humbucker (in my case, a DiMarzio Fast Track II), and has wired things so that when the sustainer is not active (when you switch onto the neck position on the guitar), it is the DiMarzio that's acting as the neck pickup. I didn't invent this; he did, and he's done most of Neal Schon's guitars this way and a raft of them for others as well. This allows you to have the best of both worlds: a really good neck pickup AND the Sustainer when you're switched to the bridge pickup.
dspellman Yeah but why am I not able to get any distortion from it ? Why is it always clean when selected even if my distortion is on ?