Wrote a song, liked it, thought I would share.

Hopefully y'all like it! I'm open to any and all feedback and as always c4c, so give me your worst!!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5n1l8bp6lfmg6g/DJENT%20THE%20NIGHT%20AWAY.mp3?dl=0
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jul 14, 2016,
Hey! Nice song, I think this is good creative riffing, good powerchord/melody combinations in here, about the sound in general, it has good bass and it sounds punchy, sounds like the old Bulb demos, but in my opinion you should try to make the mix sound more open, while keeping the bassy and punchy sound, it would sound a lot bigger I think.

Also at the part around 0:30, the guitar sounds a bit out of time, but I feel like it's not the playing, maybe the noise gate is too strong?

Anyway, this was a good listen, good job!

If you want to C4C, check out my song here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1704690
Last edited by VStratto Music at Jul 14, 2016,
VStratto Music

I appreciate the feedback! I'm really happy you related it to Bulb's old stuff, I'm definitely trying to hit that Periphery target while still having some pop senseability. Also thanks for the mix crit, I'm really having a tough time with making my mixes punchy without compressing them too much. While I am happy with this mix for the most part, it's definitely not open enough, and that sucks.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Reading the title I thought it was Van Halen's Dance The Night Away in the style of djent. Haha
I like how you add a quiet part in the middle of all the loud riff. All the parts connect very well with each other.
I think this track lack the low-end. The kick drum should sound more bassy.

Off topic, what's C4C? I've seen it everywhere in the forum and I don't what it means.
Bostonrocks,
Audio quality is good, though I'd prefer less treble (it is common for me to say that, so maybe it's my ears or headphones or a combination of both). This song is pretty intense. I think this song is more melodic & catchy than most djent, so that's a plus. All of the playing is tight, and the drums work well with the song. I'd be curious if at around 0:30 (and similar) you used a noise gate on the guitar to make the sound keep cutting out when the volume dropped below a certain point, or did a lot of automated volume adjustment. I listened to it 3 times. I was impressed. It rocked!
Well, the first thing to notice is the treble heavy mix :/ pretty hard on the ears

I enjoyed the songwriting. I actually thought you'd slap me with some mid heavy polyrhythms, but this feels like a more pseudo djent hardcore song (which isn't bad, trust me). Still pretty nice song, sweet and simple and enough to keep someone listening. Just throw in some vocals and it's pretty much set.

C4C tho?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706639
Really cool song Bostonrocks. Digging the overall groove of it, not overly too prog-ish but has the elements of Periphery/Meshuggah. As far as the production quality though it is really mid/treble heavy and almost layers the whole track with a crunchiness that minimizes the clarity. I would definitely check out the master EQ and make sure those 300Hz to about 2000Hz frequencies aren't overly boosted, as it does sound like its applied to every instrument.

The snare does sound amazing though, what kit are you using (I'm guessing its programed drums)?

I'm gonna be posting a song soon, I'll take the C4C haha. I'll update with the link.

Thanks
Ah! Nice opening riff! Had me headbanging right away. Not the biggest fan of the guitar tone though. And as the others have mentioned, its quite trebly.
I like the part at 0:22. The transition at 0:32 seems a bit sudden to me. A nice riffing again at 0:40.
The melody at 1:14 is a bit to low in the mix. Nice melody part at 2:00.
All in all, I really like where you are going with this. Some of the transitions seems a bit off, but good effort!

Wanna check out mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1707294