Page 1 of 2
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a61325/calvin-harris-taylor-swift-taking-sides/

Calvin Harris Is a F*ckboy Who Doesn't Deserve Your Hero-Worship
A look at how he became Hollywood's messiest ex.

Objective truth of the double standards of the Western world. A man from a backwater place like Scotland. According to the media he is not allowed to be sad that his girlfriend broke up with him, being labelled with man hating slurs like "f*ckboy". This shows the inherent bias of our society against men who refuse to conform to the typically masculine stereotype of being an alpha male.

#IStandWithCalvin
Calvin Harris is a fuccboi though

So is Gohan
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
A) he is an idiot though, and B) women are subjected to just as much shit-slinging in the wake of a break-up as poor little Calvin here.
Quote by Random3
Who is Calvin Harris?

EDIT: Also what's wrong with the phrase "manwhore?"

NO ONE KNOWS and no one should care.

The phrase itself implies that he gets paid for it, while 'fuckboy' just means they're a prick.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Once upon a time, in the middle of nowhere Scotland, a young boy crooked of teeth and void of attraction named Adam Wiles was born..... Calvin also bought himself a new look/face. He straightened the teeth, sought out the best stylists his DJing funds could buy, and started a new life full of fame and reckless behavior.
the fact that someone at Cosmo ("Look Sexy in 12 Easy Steps!") wrote this as if it's a bad thing is absolutely amazing
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jul 14, 2016,
Quote by EpiExplorer
NO ONE KNOWS and no one should care.

The phrase itself implies that he gets paid for it, while 'fuckboy' just means they're a prick.

See here I though fuccboi meant you were lame as shit and a pansy.

TIL
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jul 14, 2016,
This :

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

The moral of the story is that tabloids and celebs mags are absolutely toxic about anyone they want to write about.

Thing is on the face of it (at least as far as it reaches me) women get targetted far more often. Saying men have bad things said about them too doesn't help issues and if people would stop consuming this tripe it wouldn't matter anyway.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

men dont whine about it as much so it just seems worse
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by RAB11
The moral of the story is that tabloids and celebs mags are absolutely toxic about anyone they want to write about.

Thing is on the face of it (at least as far as it reaches me) women get targetted far more often. Saying men have bad things said about them too doesn't help issues and if people would stop consuming this tripe it wouldn't matter anyway.

But the thing is it's mostly women making those comments, and mostly women consuming those tabloids. Very few men read gossip magazines, while the market for women is huge. You can't complain that something is misogynistic when it's women making it, and women buying it.

Like you said, if people just stopped consuming it, we wouldn't have a problem, but it annoys me to see people saying that the whole gossip column thing is sexist toward women, when it's by women, for women.
I dunno who Calvin Harris is and most of my familiarity with Taylor Swift comes from memes conflating her with Adolf Hitler, but from what I can tell they're rich celebrities who don't warrant all that much attention.
Quote by chacho.bruh
But the thing is it's mostly women making those comments, and mostly women consuming those tabloids. Very few men read gossip magazines, while the market for women is huge. You can't complain that something is misogynistic when it's women making it, and women buying it.

Like you said, if people just stopped consuming it, we wouldn't have a problem, but it annoys me to see people saying that the whole gossip column thing is sexist toward women, when it's by women, for women.

I N T E R N A L I S E D M I S O G Y N Y
N
T
E
R
N
A
L
I
S
E
D
M
I
S
O
G
Y
N
Y
I might be sympathetic but Tay is muh gurl so fuck that fuckboy.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
In this case, I don't know if it is misandry so much as TSwift's image that she can do no wrong. If it were a different female celeb with a different reputation then the media might be more sympathetic to Calvin Harris.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
In this case, I don't know if it is misandry so much as TSwift's image that she can do no wrong. If it were a different female celeb with a different reputation then the media might be more sympathetic to Calvin Harris.

i was under the impression that the media's thing was relentlessly laying into swift because she's got a new bf

or has that changed now she's friends with models and actresses etc.
The phrase "manwhore" implies that women are inherently the whores and that men are not

hopefully I have made this just fallacious enough to get heckles up
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
men dont whine about it as much so it just seems worse

Yep, this is why there will never be a male version of feminism.
Boys start to learn this game around age 5 or so.

And let's face it, very little is less sexually attractive to a heterosexual woman than a whining man.
Quote by EyeNon15
Yep, this is why there will never be a male version of feminism.
Boys start to learn this game around age 5 or so.

And let's face it, very little is less sexually attractive to a heterosexual woman than a whining man.

This man gets it
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by EndTheRapture51
i was under the impression that the media's thing was relentlessly laying into swift because she's got a new bf

Well if she didn't constantly write thinly veiled songs jabbing every one of her exes, I would imagine it would be brought up less... Any celebrity will be harassed by media over whatever sells, they aren't morally guided, they're economically guided, and if the stories make money, they'll write them. It does seem to me that it's mostly women who read the very gossip columns and sites that post that type of content though...
Last edited by chacho.bruh at Jul 14, 2016,
He is kind of a fuccboi tho.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
He is kind of a fuccboi tho.

Not even kind of. Its comfirmed.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jul 14, 2016,
Quote by chacho.bruh
Well if she didn't constantly write thinly veiled songs jabbing every one of her exes, I would imagine it would be brought up less... Any celebrity will be harassed by media over whatever sells, they aren't morally guided, they're economically guided, and if the stories make money, they'll write them. It does seem to me that it's mostly women who read the very gossip columns and sites that post that type of content though...

why is she not allowed to write songs about her ex's?

plenty of other bands do. most of the music industry sings about personal feelings and relationships are a huge part of that. just cos she dates other famous people, why should singing about them be off limits?
Sing about it all you want.

I can make fun of you for being a fuccboi if you do.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Yeah you're right, they've always been questioning her relationships from the very beginning which is definitely uncalled for. But I think it's normal for them to speculate about her current relationship given the #dramz and sudden change in appearance etc. Not that I am condoning public criticism or her or anyone else for something like this. I just think it's natural for people to wonder "why"

Anyway I was thinking more about the specific this is what you came for issue in my original post though - I think Calvin did nothing wrong there based on what I know of the situation.

full disclosure: I am not a fan of her image at all
cat
Youre such a liar.

You probably only like things after trouble.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by chacho.bruh

You're probably a fuckboy too.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
shut up hatebreeder stop being a cock

Well youre being an ass so I figured you needed a dick to plug it.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by guitarxo
I think Calvin did nothing wrong there based on what I know of the situation.
i mean i think he kind of overreacted considering as far as i can tell all that happened was taylor's publicist confirmed she had a writing credit on the song i dunno how that counts as "burying" him

the real fun bit is katy perry jumping on any opportunity to get attention via taylor swift and apparently not realising that she just got used as an example of someone getting buried

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Calvin is the voice of a generation

raskit has literally never had another track this bad before or since
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 14, 2016,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
why is she not allowed to write songs about her ex's?

plenty of other bands do. most of the music industry sings about personal feelings and relationships are a huge part of that. just cos she dates other famous people, why should singing about them be off limits?

Never said she couldn't, but she can hardly complain about people talking about her exes when she sings an awful lot about them.
Quote by chacho.bruh
Never said she couldn't, but she can hardly complain about people talking about her exes when she sings an awful lot about them.

she's not complaining about it

she complains about the media dragging her name through the dirt because she's a human being who has exes
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Fuckboy is one gendered insult compared to how many aimed at women. This thread is ridiculous.

Let's tally gendered insults. See how many we can come up with for each gender.
I don't think it would be as much of a blowout as you seem to think.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
she's not complaining about it

she complains about the media dragging her name through the dirt because she's a human being who has exes

She shakes off exes like my office goes through printing paper.

At the rate it's going, somebody is going to inspect the budget and comment on the frequency.

Especially for tax reasons.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by EndTheRapture51
do i really have to start tagging my posts with /s like they do on plebbit

no

/s
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Isn't fuckboy a slur for gays? Might be confused with something else
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Page 1 of 2