Hey Guys

I've recently been in the process of trying to assemble a home recording studio, so that I can record covers more efficiently, as well as beginning to record some of my own recordings. I've already downloaded Reaper, which is astonishingly versatile, considering it's indefinite free period. I have also managed to download Amplitube as a guitar tone/effect VST, so that my guitars sound awesome. (I've even tried out some awesome Mesa Boogie cab and speaker patches, which I'm strongly considering buying).
One being thing I seem to be struggling with however, is locating a free Drum sound VST. I'm after a set of sounds that'll make the MIDI drums in Reaper sound as realistic as possible. I came across a system called DrumMic'A, which was advertised as free, which seemed to be perfect. However, a "Demo timeout" message has popped up, and I can't seem to shift it. (If anyone has a fix for this by the way, that'll be great).
DrumMic'A aside, does anyone else know any great free Drum VSTs that I can integrate into Reaper?
Didn't know DrumMic'a had a timeout, never came across this when I was looking into it. I'm sure you could find a workaround...

Anyway, I came across this recently which seemed ok: http://www.powerdrumkit.com/

Could also have a browse through here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ak0CstI-KICv6vk55KkaqQ8RAphDBL86HMdKEu1BPVw/preview

I recently purchased the basic Steven Slate software for $39. The cheap version is limited in customisation of gear (an extra snare and kick included but that's it) but the overall quality is really good for the price.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
I used DrumMic'a for a while, and I dont recall it ever timing out, but that was a pretty good one. MT Power Drumkit already has semi-processed samples, so you can get pretty good sounds straight away if you're not good at mixing drums yet. I would recommend using it because it resembles other popular drum programs that you may use down the road. I have a demo of it on my soundcloud if you want an idea of what it can do.

Like the guy above me, I now use Steven Slate Drums, but I have all of the kits (got it on sale). If you're not willing to pay for EZ or Superior Drummer, SSD can get very very good samples for a lot less. In fact, I actually tried those programs, but I liked the sounds and UI of SSD a lot more. This is just to keep in mind if/when you want to get better midi drums.
I've been using Drum Mic'a since it came out and it has never timed out on me. I just used it a few days ago.

Try contacting their support maybe?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Did you register it?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Yeah they should have emailed you a serial number when you filled in that form to download it...i don't see the point in this if it's just a trial.

Also further to my recommendation for SS4 previously, there doesn't seem to be an option to upgrade the cheapest version later with any sort of discount i.e. it seems you just have to buy the upgraded/full product at full price. Something to consider but still great for $39.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe