Page 3 of 7
Oh really. The line of thinking reminds me Ben Affleck on Bill Maher awhile back

I usually hate Maher, but he's been spot on about this for years. And Sam Harris will punch your dick in for even making that assumption
Last edited by bdof at Jul 14, 2016,
Quote by MHDrunk
It seems pretty fucking stupid to not fear them

You forgot the phrase "I'm not racist, but"
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
You forgot the phrase "I'm not racist, but"

We literally had this discussion 5 minutes ago
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
We literally had this discussion 5 minutes ago

Yeah and it seems you learned nothing from it
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Yeah and it seems you learned nothing from it

MUSLIM IS NOT A RACE
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Sam Harris is the man.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by bdof
You forget that Ali is the leading UG authority on what is and isn't racist. Fascinating stuff btw

TIL that it's racist to point out who it is that supports suicide bombing

Quote by MHDrunk
MUSLIM IS NOT A RACE

The irony of this contrasted with your sig quote.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Article about speech by Francois Hollande
Hours after the Nice attacks, the French president François Hollande reiterated the war-like stance that he took after the last terrorist attacks that killed 130 in Paris in November.

“All of France is under threat from Islamist terrorism,” he said, vowing that France would not give in in its “fight against terrorism”.

He said the state of emergency put in place in November — which allows police to conduct house raids and searches without a warrant or judicial oversight, and gives extra powers to officials to place people under house arrest — would be extended by three months. This means the state of emergency will have been in place for almost a year since November.

He also said he would boost the military operation, known as Operation Sentinelle, in which 10,000 soldiers keep guard across the country, and reservists would be drafted in to help security forces. Hollande added that he would reinforce air strikes on Iraq and Syria, where it has been fighting Islamic State.

The mood could not be more serious for Hollande. The fact that France could be attacked again — leaving at least 80 dead — only eight months after the devastating November attacks on Paris, threatens a crisis for Hollande’s premiership. The fact that several children were among the dead has deepened France’s horror and grief. In the coming days, there is likely to be intense political debate about intelligence and security policy. The 2017 French presidential election is nine months away and security had already been a key voter concern.

The interior minister Bernard Cazeneuve, in Nice, said: “We’re in a war with terrorists who want to hit us at any cost and in a very violent way”.

Hollande had this month been at record low popularity ratings. Marine Le Pen, the far-right leader of the Front National, has been polling high and recent polls showed she was expected to reach the second round run-off of the presidential election, held in April and May, although polls predicted she would not win. Nicolas Sarkozy’s right-wing Les Républicains party is currently engaged in a primary race to choose its candidate.

Yeah, it's really silly. ISIS are really good at getting parties like Republicans into power. Wouldn't it be a thing, if ISIS kills people, gets a right-wing president elected, just to make more deals with said president?

What a conspiracy that would be.

EDIT: to be fair, was it confirmed to be ISIS?
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 14, 2016,
Quote by severed-metal
Yeah, it's really silly. ISIS are really good at getting parties like Republicans into power. Wouldn't it be a thing, if ISIS kills people, gets a right-wing president elected, just to make more deals with said president?

What a conspiracy that would be.

EDIT: to be fair, was it confirmed to be ISIS?

lol wut. Are you implying that far-right-wingers and ISIS are some sort of ascending cabal of a political force?

There doesn't have to be a conspiracy, nor even shrewd exploitation.
The right wing revolution is underway.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
The right wingers over here are acting as if the terrorist attack in France is a "win" for the US rightwing. Still trying to figure that one out. They claim to hate terrorism, yet when France gets terrorized the rightwingers jump for joy?

Brainless pricks.
Quote by bradulator

I'm wondering if, in France, the rightward swing will go waaay over to Marine le Pen or back to Sarkozy/Les Républicains, who seem comparatively alright.

pls the latter
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Blame the rivalry between the right wing and the now regressive left. It's because they've found a legit weakness that the people who are also truly left and centrists would agree with them on and they can mock the many many regressive lefties out there for being so stupid. It basically damages the whole identity of a left winger and therefore is considered a win for the right wingers.

And I have to say its actually a tragic comedy because the left are eating themselves alive, dividing those that are the regressives and those that can still be considered progressive. The right doesn't have to do anything other than watch and laugh.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Last edited by Nero Galon at Jul 14, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
lol wut. Are you implying that far-right-wingers and ISIS are some sort of ascending cabal of a political force?

There doesn't have to be a conspiracy, nor even shrewd exploitation.

I'm not implying anything! Just gesturing, like hey look over there! while I walk out the door unbeknownst to the room of agitated folks.
Quote by TobusRex
The right wingers over here are acting as if the terrorist attack in France is a "win" for the US rightwing. Still trying to figure that one out. They claim to hate terrorism, yet when France gets terrorized the rightwingers jump for joy?

Brainless pricks.
stick with the bathroom threads
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I'm wondering if, in France, the rightward swing will go waaay over to Marine le Pen or back to Sarkozy/Les Républicains, who seem comparatively alright.

pls the latter

According to a friend I have in France, things are really boiling up over there and a LePen victory is as conceivable as a Trump one. She is approached very frequently by people commenting on her skin color or questioning her allegiances and religion, especially after events like these.

Irony? She's a French-American black Christian. #MuslimIsNotARace
LePen is a dope name though.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
in b4 Le Penis huehuehue
Quote by Skibolky
Quote by bradulator
LePen is a dope name though.

Like a super suave bond villain

So is Marine btw. What a waste
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
in b4 Le Penis huehuehue

now I can't stop thinking about french people people saying le penis

"oh ho ho, look out here comes le benis ah twah twah francais"
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Funny because if you take away the La from La Pen then you have Marine Pen.

Marine Pen.
Marine... Pen...

Marine...

Pen.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by bradulator

Revolution is what the left does

The right-wing counter-revolution is underway

Quote by ErikLensherr
The irony of this contrasted with your sig quote.

It made sense in 1095, but now we are in 2016.

Quote by MHDrunk

It made sense in 1095, but now we are in 2016.

DEUUUS VUUULT-- err DEOOO VINDICE-- err NUKE ALEPPO
Quote by Skibolky
Quote by bradulator
Truth bomb: We are in an endless cycle of fighting terrorism from now until the end of time.

That's what happens when you declare war on intangibles. Total apocalypse of the human race is the only way to win that war.
Might as well declare War on Thinking.
Quote by EyeNon15

Might as well declare War on Thinking.

The GOP did that decades ago.
"Muslim is not a race" is a just a way of saying "I'm a bigot but I'm not that sort of bigot"

Anyway, this is horrible.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

False flag. Wast thou listening to Kanye towards the end of this song?

Oh yeah +1 btw...
Quote by RAB11
"Muslim is not a race" is a just a way of saying "I'm a bigot but I'm not that sort of bigot"

Anyway, this is horrible.

the question is: is it wrong to be bigoted against ideologies?

like, did anyone ever say, "oh. you hate nazis? you're a bigot, dude"
PM me for newts
Quote by WCPhils
ughhhhh why the fuck did I go Twitter

first pic is a dead little girl

jesus fucking christ this shit is horrible
thanks for the warning.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by MHDrunk
It seems pretty fucking stupid to not fear them

good to know the majority of Muslims don't support suicide bombing. Also, source?
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by StewieSwan
the question is: is it wrong to be bigoted against ideologies?

like, did anyone ever say, "oh. you hate nazis? you're a bigot, dude"

Sort of. The way I see it is:

Islamic Extremism is bad, especially in the form it currently takes with ISIS.

Imposing the will of any religion on anyone who doesn't want it by any means is bad.

But where the 'racism' argument comes into it is when people are immediately distrustful of anyone who looks like they might be a 'Muslim' (or their understanding of what a Muslim is) and attempt to hold them accountable for the actions of ISIS and expect them to explicitly condemn it rather than it just be assumed.

Treat people like people until they prove themselves otherwise.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Right now I'm imagining how pissed off leftists would get if "Republicans" was replaced with "Muslims" in any of TobusRex's posts.
Quote by Rossenrot
Right now I'm imagining how pissed off leftists would get if "Republicans" was replaced with "Muslims" in any of TobusRex's posts.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by OddOneOut
good to know the majority of Muslims don't support suicide bombing. Also, source?

What's wrong with you. The source is written on the picture - Pew Research

http://www.pewresearch.org/files/old-assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

Quote by Rossenrot

Right now I'm wondering why you are so upset I call out the science and reality denying halfwits..unless you are one of them yourself.

Oh.
Quote by TobusRex
Right now I'm wondering why you are so upset I call out the science and reality denying halfwits..unless you are one of them yourself.

Oh.

Why did you mention one half of the thought-crime enforcers (GOP) and not the other half (Democrats)?