I'm torn between these two cabinets at my local guitar center. The 412ms has sheffield 1290s in it, which I haven't heard the best things about, and the xxl has blue marvels, and would be much easier to haul around. I play mostly metal and am looking for a tight sound with good bass response. This will be paired with a 6505 mh and a Bugera 6262. Thanks!
I'd get the 212 and look at Replacement speakers - WGS for new or see what used Celestion V30s you can find.

Edit: or a used Mesa Rectifier 212
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Last edited by metalmingee at Jul 15, 2016,
Get a used Mesa or Orange closed back 212.

Cannot go wrong with either.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by metalmingee
I'd get the 212 and look at Replacement speakers - WGS for new or see what used Celestion V30s you can find.

Edit: or a used Mesa Rectifier 212

This is what I'm thinking, 2x12 with wgs veteran 30s.
Quote by accidental
This is what I'm thinking, 2x12 with wgs veteran 30s.

Despite what you've heard, WGS Veteran 30's aren't the same as or even similar to Celestion V30's. Warehouse may have intended them to be, but they're a solid miss. They're not terrible speakers, but they're not V30's.
Last edited by dspellman at Jul 16, 2016,
Quote by dspellman
Despite what you've heard, WGS Veteran 30's aren't the same as or even similar to Celestion V30's. Warehouse may have intended them to be, but they're a solid miss. They're not terrible speakers, but they're not V30's.

I like the WGS Veteran 30 speakers. I'll have to go stick my ear up to my speakers to get a true refresher... but from memory, the WGS Vet 30 sounds more like the Vintage 30MF / Hellatone 60L speaker than a standard Vintage 30.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.