Hey guys! Underwing, the band I play guitar in (strat) just released a new track. It's our second track and compared to the first, this constitutes a more elaborate song, both in length, structure and techniques.

We would really appreciate it if you could comment on the quality of the song itself (structure, lyrics etc.) and the general quality of the audio (mixing & mastering). I will of course C4C with pleasure!

Thanks in advance!
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
wyldeman,
Vocals are very good! Instrumentally, everything sounds very good also (that includes all melodies). Whereas most peoples' songs on this forum have a bit too much treble for my taste, yours does not have too much treble in my opinion. In fact, I might mix it to have a tiny bit more brightness in certain areas. I think your tune is radio worthy. If you like to talk about spiritual things send me a private message. Please review my music at this link (good chance you'll prefer the second song):

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1705214
For some reason the board displayed this thread as "0 replies". So I'm sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your comments, aaron! Will check out your tunes right now
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Hey man, super good songwriting here! I love the feel of this song, you really feel the swing, in the intro and the verses stereo guitar stuff really makes me happy on another level. The vocals sound and are mixed super well, I think overall though the mix as a whole needs to be a little more "exciting" the guitars are kind of dull (especially considering how much gain they're using) and the drums (especially the snare) need some high end attack. It might be something that mastering could fix by just bumping up some high end, but I think overall the mix needs some brightness, it will add a lot of energy.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1705692 c4c ?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Thanks for the reply!
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Sounds awesome ! I have litteraly nothing to say regarding the songwritting and the performace. The groove and general feeling is awesome. Great harmonies too. Regarding the mix i particularly love the way you use the pannel variations with the guitar riff right after the intro and the chorus. Maybe the ride is a bit too loud sometimes, but that's just a detail, nothing really shocking there.

I have honestly not a lot to add. This is a style of music that i really like and it's perfectly done, I would definitely buy one of your album !
Rock In Peace.
I gotta say, you made a believer of me, coz this is NOT what I generally listen to.

Alright, first things first: the production is absolutely top notch. The rock drums sound very... well, rocky. The guitar tone is juuuuuust right enough to not bore or cause an irritation in my ear canal, I'd just boost the low mids on the bass, give it a punchier tone.

Songwriting is so good for real! It's important to always try to get this part right as it's what makes a person listen. Honestly, I'm very critical of what I listen to and the first minute will forever be important to me, therefore, you guys really got it good. You should proud of yourselves (specially since you walked me through an 8:38 long song without groaning or wanting to leave)

Pretty interesting riffs, vocalist is pretty solid and decent drum work. If this were on my iPhone, it'd get 4 stars.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706639