Page 1 of 7
Maybe not, but odd things are going on in the country:

Sky News ‏@SkyNews now

Turkey's PM says military action is being taken without chain of command, amid reports of jets flying over capital

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
erdogan is een geitenneuker

p.s. i know he's not pm
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Jul 15, 2016,
Turkish PM Binali Yıldırım says security forces are tackling situation after parts of armed forces launched coup attempt

Army general says government is seized completely

jesus christ

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Major coo taking place, the pigeon uprising has begun!
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Is this because Erdogan tried to copy Star Wars?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Like why is this happening? I understand that Erdogan is a cvnt but this seemingly comes out of fucking nowhere. Throw them out of NATO now please.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Bridges closed, police disarmed by military, jets are scrambling, etc.

Seems like a coup if all the information emerging is accurate. Have to wait for the dust to settle.
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy Corbyn takes up arms and leads a workers revolution into Downing Street tomorrow.

Onoes! Constantinople!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Quote by EndTheRapture51
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy Corbyn takes up arms and leads a workers revolution into Downing Street tomorrow.
i'd support him
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I would support him doing a workers revolution more than being a principled party of protest tbf

Probably to do with their current leadership seeking peace with Russia and Syria I'm guessing.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Probably to do with their current leadership seeking peace with Russia and Syria I'm guessing.

WHy would peace with Russia be a bad plan?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Idk it's not like the type of people who launch military coups tend to be deep thinkers.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
this is generally a bad thing though right? i don't know shit about it tbh

Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by Trowzaa

Not sure. Sometimes the army is more liberal than the government in such countries.

They claim they want to reinstate the constitution and human rights. So I guess this means there will be freedom of press in a few weeks again?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jul 15, 2016,
Military coups are generally not good

Yeah, just seen a video of citizens clapping and cheering as tanks went past them so

I'm Turkish and I say good. Erdogan has massively overplayed his hand.

Dude was a maaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssive asshole. Fine he oversaw some great economic growth but his social policies were regressive and he openly favoured certain groups over others and did not deal with domestic terrorism effectively. He is a national embarrassment.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Last edited by Guitardude19 at Jul 15, 2016,
Remember when Sisi took over and Egyptians were like yes, the military will give us real freedom, they stand with the people, etc.

lol
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by Guitardude19
I'm Turkish and I say good. Erdogan has massively overplayed his hand.

Dude was a maaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssive asshole. Fine he oversaw some great economic growth but his social policies were regressive and he openly favoured certain groups over others and did not deal with domestic terrorism effectively. He is a national embarrassment.

Has all your social media been blocked?

Situation hasn't even settled yet and Neo's already up the new military dictatorship's ass.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
I'd assume the left wing is just as responsible as the right wing right now in Turkey. Hopefully things turn out for the breast.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Interior ministry is in a stand off with army. Intelligence headquarters struck by plane. Erdogan possibly on the run
big deal, so the military got their feathers a little ruffled
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 15, 2016,
Quote by Trowzaa
Has all your social media been blocked?

I do not reside in Turkey so I cannot answer that. I was born in the UK. All my family in Turkey and some in North Cyprus have been making phone calls to let us know whats going on and that they are safe. I will ask them if they can access social media when or if they call me next.

Apparently, Erdogan has been arrested. So good news! Most of my family are happy with this situation because Erdogan became power mad and is seen as a traitor to Ataturks memory since he has been moving the country away from its secular roots. Most Turks dont like that.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by ErikLensherr
Situation hasn't even settled yet and Neo's already up the new military dictatorship's ass.
I, for one, welcome the new Turkish Overlords.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Military Coups sometimes have good intentions but they rarely end up well. They almost always require a period of military dictatorship, and shocker that a lot of the time the dictators don't want to give up power.

I mean, all of these countries with leaders who assumed power under coup d'etats are pretty shitty places.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d%27%C3%A9tat#Current_leaders_who_assumed_power_via_coups_d.27.C3.A9tat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coups_d%27%C3%A9tat_and_coup_attempts_since_2010
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Jul 15, 2016,
Quote by Guitardude19
I do not reside in Turkey so I cannot answer that. I was born in the UK. All my family in Turkey and some in North Cyprus have been making phone calls to let us know whats going on and that they are safe. I will ask them if they can access social media when or if they call me next.

Apparently, Erdogan has been arrested. So good news! Most of my family are happy with this situation because Erdogan became power mad and is seen as a traitor to Ataturks memory since he has been moving the country away from its secular roots. Most Turks dont like that.

Wasn't Erdogan in Mongolia?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Glad the military are standing up to all of the Muslim extremists in the country by imposing Marshall Law.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Glad the military are standing up to all of the Muslim extremists in the country by imposing Marshall Law.

I don't think they care what kind of amp you use.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin