Page 1 of 2

I made many memories playing this game on my PS1 and PS2 back in the day. I think I almost exclusively played the second one, but I would often rent the third one from the video store.

My favorite characters were Marshall Law, Michelle, and Jun Kazama.

Always thought Michelle (the native American looking one) and Jun (the girl in the white clothes) were hotties, and that's when I got stuck on the asian persuasion
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Jul 15, 2016,
tekken's fun, but it's not even namco's best fighter imo
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Goddamn number 2 has not aged well.

My favourites were Mokujin, Bryan Fury and Heihachi. Mokujin was great fun, Bryan Fury was just the worst to play against, Heihachi was just a penis but an entertaining one.

There's very little about the modern roster I like, aside the russian army guy and Anna Williams as she is now.

Oh and Tiger Jackson. <3
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I feel like this game should have had more story. It was great for nostalgia, but seeing the cutscenes earlier in the year, you get very small pieces of story
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
mortal kombat or bust

Tekken 2, 3, and Tag Tournament. In Tag Tournament, I would win every match.

Quote by MinterMan22
mortal kombat or bust

I played XL on the 4th after only having 2 and 3 fundamentals. Took me maybe 2 matches to get Katana's flow going, but even before that, my button-mashing/block/uppercut,sweep-kick/throw fundamentals were too hot to handle. I almost felt bad never passing the controller, but you just can't let up in MK.

>tfw they don't even have Sheeva or Smoke in XL, unless they're unlockable characters
hey they have a Tekken 7 stream going on right now!

https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

It's a wonderful looking game. I'm not a huge fan of Tekken truthfully, but I want to play Tekken 7 quite a bit.

Quote by Acϵ♠
tekken's fun, but it's not even namco's best fighter imo

Which is the best?
Quote by severed-metal
Which is the best?

I stopped after 5, but definitely Tag Tournament. Biggest quality-jump in the series, still holds up with age, and the 2-character fights made for much more interesting, intricate combos
I have a copy of Tekken somewhere.

Where's a good place to start with them?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
no no, he was talking about Tekken not being the best Namco fighter I was just curious which one he thought was the best.

I've seen Ryan Hart from the old days of TTT, and that's about it. I like the tag series, but I prefer 1v1 far more if not only for time constraint in a tournament setting, means more matches to be seen and more interest from viewers. I thought the tag system was creative and offered an assist system in a 3D fighter so I'm appreciative of the system itself. I'm not really a fan of disliking fighting games in general, unless it's some total garbage game.
Quote by EyeNon15
I had all Xiaoyu's combos memorized

lol, I remember Wang had some move in TTT that did nothing but take most of his hp away. And that really dumb one by Yoshimitsu where he seppukus and spins around with his sword hitting the other person (that's through him). Like a dumber version of his fist-Twister. Pretty sure Yoshi had an an hero move too IIRC
Eddy Gordo was the only other character I used because you didn't need to know any moves. You could just spam your way to victory.
Quote by EyeNon15
Eddy Gordo was the only other character I used because you didn't need to know any moves. You could just spam your way to victory.

lol, +1. Him and Xi were the only ones you could pick in the demo (back when gamer mags used to include demo-disks... kids these days don't know what they're missin' mhm)

I nearly cream myself when I see Anderson Silva pull off capoiera moves effectively.
Eddy was the best character, not because you could spam buttons to win, which many cite as their reason, but because if you learnt his moves and how they flow you were damn near unbeatable. This is coming from a tekken tournament winner :P
Quote by severed-metal
hey they have a Tekken 7 stream going on right now!

https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

It's a wonderful looking game. I'm not a huge fan of Tekken truthfully, but I want to play Tekken 7 quite a bit.

Which is the best?

Soul Calibur! Probably an unpopular opinion but i enjoy it much more than Tekken. It's much more streamlined and intuitive, Tekken is good but feels clunky sometimes. Plus the characters in Soul Calibur are much more memorable, SC2-4 were some of my favourite fighters ever
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Smegal
Eddy was the best character, not because you could spam buttons to win, which many cite as their reason, but because if you learnt his moves and how they flow you were damn near unbeatable. This is coming from a tekken tournament winner :P

Oh yeah, the pros were nasty with him. I'd go with Bruce or something for those close-range quick hit combos if I was against a pro using him (dat Muay Thai). But yeah, didn't he have like a 20-hit string or something crazy like that?

What'dya win by the way? That's pretty sweet!
I was always a soul calibur guy

though I was also a sega guy. went mega drive then dreamcast, and only got a ps1 second hand just before ps2 was out so never got on tekken hype. tried it a few times at a mates house and didn't like it. preferred street fighter when it came to just punching and kicking beat 'em up.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Acϵ♠
Soul Calibur! Probably an unpopular opinion but i enjoy it much more than Tekken. It's much more streamlined and intuitive, Tekken is good but feels clunky sometimes. Plus the characters in Soul Calibur are much more memorable, SC2-4 were some of my favourite fighters ever

Can't be an unpopular opinion. Hating on SC is inhuman! At a pro level, I think 4 was the game that fucked the franchise a bit (Hilde had death combo, so while you'd have to land 4 or 5 combos, she'd have to hit one on any stage with a knock-off element).

and yeah, SC2 is brilliant. The atmosphere of those games were incredible, one of my fondest memories was playing Mitsurugi. Weapons elements coupled with the unique user interfaces, compelling music, and a diverse catalogue of stages made it unforgettable. Second favourite character was Raphael. Truthfully, I think most SC characters have some semblance of standing out, even if someone hated fighting them (like me vs any Maxi -__-). Can't forget Voldo either, what an obscure design for a character but it works so perfectly in a 3D plane.

At the moment, Tekken players are trying to get used to fighting Akuma (from Street Fighter for those who don't know) since he was recently put into the game. I love seeing salt in fighting game communities. It's always good.
Does Akuma still have the same move set or did they Tekkenize it?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

I only ever rented the SC that had Link and Spawn (that Spawn marketing attempt rofl) and never gave it a shot after that. And ex-friend-group and I would play Street Fighter, and... eat doritos... a lot, but I only tried maybe 5 matches and gave up trying to figure out how to play and just watched them. The joystick focus in SF is pretty cool/original though

Last edited by Fat Lard at Jul 15, 2016,
tekken also felt kinda slow and clunky compared to the ott mashing you could have in soul calibur or street fighter (in different ways)

(based on when I last tried a tekken game which was on ps2 ages ago I think)
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Last edited by theguitarist at Jul 15, 2016,
Well, they did some interesting things with him in T7. He's retained the core Street Fighter elements like his movesets (shoryukens, tatsus, fireballs, st. roundhouse, RAGING DEMON) but they had to add more frames to adjust for him in the Tekken universe, makes sense. Adding meter to a Tekken character was another interesting idea, and they added focus attacks exclusively for Akuma. What they did was allow the ability for him to FADC, which if you're unfamiliar with Street Fighter IV, you essentially use it to cancel a move at the cost of meter. This leads to some bordering on stupid damage, but I think he actually fits pretty uniquely into the game.

A lot of people hate him. Like a lot. But some people, like Poongko of SFIV fame, have picked him up and has been absolutely destroying people in the game haha.

Like this:

That video is extremely situational and meter dependent alongside rage dependent, so you'll never see it in a pro match, but that's essentially showcasing what Akuma can do.
Quote by theguitarist
tekken also felt kinda slow and clunky compared to the ott mashing you could have in soul calibur or street fighter (in different ways)

(based on when I last tried a tekken game which was on ps2 ages ago I think)

revisiting 2 and 3 is about as bad as revisiting the original Super Smash Bros. It's like, how the fk did we ever play this?

But Tekken Tag is pretty fluid still, even with noob-play
Im most familiar with Street Fighter series and Soul Calibur series, i don't know if i'd like playing Akuma in Tekken if the command list wasn't identical to SF
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Ah ok that's what i wanted to see. Good, it'd be stupid to crossover characters but fundamentally change their mechanics.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by severed-metal
Oh sorry, yeah Akuma has motion movements:

Weren't the joystick moves kind of 'swivled'? Like you really needed some thumb-chops for etc.

That pic just seems like standard Tekken stuff with less complex button combos...
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jul 15, 2016,
Possibly, I'm not sure about the swiveled notion. What do you mean by that?

The pic quoted shouldn't be too familiar since 360/half/quarter rotations are fairly uncommon in Tekken if I remember correctly (It's been a while since I've played any Tekken since I no longer have my xbox 360), and it was focused on button combinations + directional inputs. It's standard Street Fighter stuff, but I don't think it's that common in Tekken at least. So you'll likely see something like DF 1+2, which means buttons 1 and 2 with down forward direction, or D+1 (down and button 1).

I do believe there were some characters with button rotations, but it's mostly combinations.

or if you mean there isn't much to it, that's because it's only a small portion of his command list. He has a lot more that are more rooted in Tekken based mechanics, but those are the rotation movements from SF transitioned to Tekken.
yeah, the 360/half/quarter rotations was what I meant by 'swivel'. I just remember watching my friends play and thinking that it was less moves, but the timing was a lot more important than other fighting games. Probably should've played it.

theguitarist, remember this for Genesis?

My grandma used to play this with me lmao (along with Mean Bean Machine) (back when she played console games instead of normie games like Bejewelled or whatever) (though, come to think of it, the only game I play now is Clash of Clans and online TX holdem, so I guess I'm pretty frickin normie teir now as well)
Quote by Fat Lard
yeah, the 360/half/quarter rotations was what I meant by 'swivel'. I just remember watching my friends play and thinking that it was less moves, but the timing was a lot more important than other fighting games. Probably should've played it.

theguitarist, remember this for Genesis?

My grandma used to play this with me lmao (along with Mean Bean Machine) (back when she played console games instead of normie games like Bejewelled or whatever) (though, come to think of it, the only game I play now is Clash of Clans and online TX holdem, so I guess I'm pretty frickin normie teir now as well)

oh shit barely haha

I remember playing this pile of shit over and over more weirdly (went a little crazy trying to remember the name just now):

made me rage so much
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by K'Nuckles
Soul Calibur II best fighting game ever hmu

also first time I remembering finding any video game characters hot (cassandra=sophita>taki>ivy>xianghua>seung mina>talim)

I would just play to cassandra or sophita to perv but misturugi in his robe was my go to when I wasn't in perv teen mode. was best with misturugi cause I just used him enough to master him but talim was basically easy mode vs everyone (except knightmare I think, who was easy with everyone except talim for me lol)

I loved the jiggly boob physics of that game
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
fat lard, I think I get what you're saying...For Akuma, you have to combine the directional inputs alongside motion movements. There's no shortcuts for special moves for Akuma in Tekken 7 like there was for Chun Li in MVC3. I think that's it?

also

Raphael > Ivy = Taki > everyone else

EDIT: Put Maki. Too busy on KoF hype.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 15, 2016,
Page 1 of 2