I want a tube amp for practice in my bedroom and to be able to play at rehearsals without being unable to be heard over the drummer. I mostly play metal (some rock and blues too) so that's the reason the laney got my attention. The thing that made me think of it as a viable choice for bedroom practice as well (I think it will be just fine in rehearsals) is the wattage control. So my question is if this thing really works or is just a sales tactic. If it works this means that i can play at peace without annoying my neighbours (I live in an apartment) and still get a good (I hope metal) tone. If it's not im thinking of buying the blackstar ht5r combo (or the metal version) but I doth think I will be able to be heard over drums. Anyway, that's all , please enlighten me. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by johny0423 at Jul 17, 2016,
Whether a 30 watt 112 could go over a drummer or not depends on how hard-hitting the drummer is, how loud you play and how big the venue is. Generally though, if you don't need clean tones, a 112 can go very loud indeed.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
2Crosser Thanks for the reply! I know that whether you can be heard over drums or not using an amp like that depends on how loud the drummer is playing, my main concern is if I ll be able to play with a 30watt ironheart in my apartment. I know that it has wattage knob that it allows you to switch down to 1 watt, but even then will I be able to play in my apartment without increasing the volume much and without losing sound quality?
A tube amp set to low volumes will never sound good to my ears regardless of wattage - I'm a part of the tone-deaf crowd that says that at bedroom volumes a solid state sounds better (read the signature ). The point I'm trying to make is - it'll sound perfectly fine, but even a 1 watt amp cranked is NOT bedroom volume (do NOT make the same mistake so many of us have)
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.