Seems none of them do. Yet there are millions of syx impulses. I've tried LeCab 2, NadIR, Boogex. What's the deal?
Oh. I thought syx was just a different, and more contemporary, format. I thought I saw some videos where they selected syx files for impulses in their daws, but maybe not. From what I recall of CabLab, it can do wav to syx, but not the other way, because it's a downward conversion.
.syx in this case are for the Fractal Audio Axe FX as I recall.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Not solely:

An SYX file is a MIDI System Exclusive Message. Contains raw MIDI System Exclusive (SysEx) messages; allows a computer to communicate with external MIDI-compatible devices, such as backing up patch data from a synthesizer to a computer's hard drive.
Quote by Anonden
Not solely:

An SYX file is a MIDI System Exclusive Message. Contains raw MIDI System Exclusive (SysEx) messages; allows a computer to communicate with external MIDI-compatible devices, such as backing up patch data from a synthesizer to a computer's hard drive.

I made sure to mention 'in this case' because it can do a whole shitton of other things.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I made sure to mention 'in this case' because it can do a whole shitton of other things.

I was thinking 'this case' being CabLab, not IRs in general.
Last edited by Anonden at Jul 17, 2016,