Yo! My friend and I have been working on this song for about two days, and we're looking for some feedback. It's a work in progress, no vocals yet, but soon™?

Anyway, check it out if you'd like and let me know what sucks and what doesn't.

http://puu.sh/q4azu/a81efd59a4.mp3

We only recently started recording together, and I'm not great with mixing and such yet. Just a heads up.
thanks for checking out my track.

There are points in yours where the time feels off, did you record to a click track? besides that the main thing that could be improved in the mixing, I know you said you are new to mixing but if you want some tips on mixing let me know I'll give you some headers.

I like the overall vibe though and there are some really cool guitar parts, the classical sounding guitar is great.
Yeah, some of it is off. I'm going to redo the bass completely, exactly same basslines but with a bass that's actually tuned, and get the timing right. The drums sounded twice as bad before I moved them around a bit, but it's still in progress. Might re-record parts of the drums as well, if I have to.

Thanks for leaving feedback, I'll put it to good use!
Last edited by Oyface at Jul 16, 2016,
Not to beat up a point, but yeah it did sound a bit off sync there, but I really like your drums. Not sure if it was a human or digital, but the drums sound great. At least to me anyways, just out of sync a bit.
Quote by domea
Not to beat up a point, but yeah it did sound a bit off sync there, but I really like your drums. Not sure if it was a human or digital, but the drums sound great. At least to me anyways, just out of sync a bit.

Electronic drums, we're not quite used to playing them yet, which is one of the reasons some parts are off beat. It's so different from an actual drum set .. :P

We're redoing the whole thing at some point, or at least the drums and bass. Thanks for the feedback!