Hey there. My name is Lee I would like some help. I have two electric guitars, an Epiphone Les Paul Special-II in Ebony and a Honeyburst Vintage VRS150, a beautiful PRS Copy. Today I want to focus on the VRS.

The Vintage VRS150 has 2 Wilkinson® Double Coil MWCHB Humbuckers, and they have a beautiful, creamy tone, but I want to upgrade.
I play Classic/Heavy Rock like GnR, Metallica, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Arctic Monkeys, Blink-182, Kings of Leon etc. but I have also gained an interest in Metal. I like to watch Zakk Wylde ripping solos and listen to some bands like BVB and BMTH.

As I have a love for Zakk Wylde, I wanted to upgrade to his EMG 81/85 Sig. Set. And then the pickups from the VRS would be put into my LP.

Would the EMG set be good for rock as well? I like the tone of those but if they won't be so good then I would happily purchase SD Alnico II Slash Sig. Humbuckers. Can I have some opinions please? Which set would be better for Rock AND Metal? Do you have any other suggestions for a HH config?

Thankyou for any information in advance!
Neither. Signature pickups tend to be kind of silly.

My suggestion is a Duncan Custom/Jazz set.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Don't buy pickups based on endorsees. Buy their t-shirts, buy tickets to their concerts, buy their old shoes if you want, but not pickups.

And don't identify bands using initials, and I won't assume you're a Justin Bieber fan.
Quote by oneblackened
Neither. Signature pickups tend to be kind of silly.

My suggestion is a Duncan Custom/Jazz set.

Ah ok. Any ideas what the hot rodded set would be like? I quite like those as well as the SD Distortions. Opinions please?