Page 1 of 6
Here's a quick link for live updates http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/livecoverage/breaking-news-now/lc-BBuqkri?ocid=spartanntp

Will update as it goes. Feel free to post any updates you see or hear about.

Fucking Christ.....
Looks like an ambush under or near an overpass on a highway. It was close to the Police HQ too. I'm rewinding the news and trying to catch up, plus read stuff at the same time.

2 confirmed dead, 3rd feared dead too.

EDIT: 3rd confirmed dead. Just caught up to that news
Last edited by bdof at Jul 17, 2016,
Quote by Dreadnought
Context?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-route-police-shooting/index.html

Police received a call of "suspicious person walking down Airline Highway with an assault rifle," a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN. When police arrived, the man opened fire.

Just some guy walking around with a weapon, and then when the police came he shot at them.
Any news about possible motivation?
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Did they get up close and try to de-escalate first or something?

Wondering how so many were shot when they knew the guy was armed going into the situation
My God, it's full of stars!
No bueno.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Dreadnought
Did they get up close and try to de-escalate first or something

I'm guessing he shot at officers on sight, it's hard to talk with bullet being shot.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 17, 2016,
My aunt lives right where this happening. she said 7 cops have been killed and she can hear gun shots. Her street is on lock down
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
My aunt lives right where this happening. she said 7 cops have been killed and she can hear gun shots. Her street is on lock down

holy shit
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
holy shit

Just send all thoughts/prayers or whatever you got
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Remember guys Black Lives Matter. White police don't. Also Burger King Employees Lives Matter and Rapists Lives Matter.
Laney GH50L w\ 4x12
Gibson SGJ (BKP Warpig/Mississippi Queen)
BCRich NJ Beast (EMG 81/85)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Whammy 4
Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Morley PWA
Line6 Tonecore Echo Park
TCE Hall Of Fame
Boss TU2/CS3
Last edited by Adarchist at Jul 17, 2016,
Quote by Adarchist
Remember guys Black Lives Matter. White police don't. Also Burger King Employees Lives Matter and Rapists Lives Matter.

this is so deep
~positive energy and love to Carnivean's aunt~
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Adarchist

no one matters

We're all insignificant pieces of shit
Last edited by sam b at Jul 17, 2016,
#NoLivesMatter

But still. Shooting police for no reason is stupid as fuck.
I have nothing important to say
time to take out the trash
how many movements do you have going on, psychotic ?
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Any news about possible motivation?

I'd bet a whole lot of money its' the same reason police were shot at dallas without looking at a shread of news.
Quote by stratkat
I'd bet a whole lot of money its' the same reason police were shot at dallas without looking at a shread of news.
almost definitely considering it's where that alton guy was shot
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by stratkat

Yeah, I reckoned it probably was to do with that.

None of this even helps the BLM cause. It doesn't make grievances in the black community look legitimate, but it does confirm vile stereotypes about black folks being violent criminals.
Quote by Skibolky
Ofcourse this happens when the police have been getting away with killing unarmed black people for so long. When the law does nothing, people will take justice into their own hands.

Unfortunately people are generally idiots and mistake killing random people for justice.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jul 17, 2016,
Quote by Adarchist

you are fucking stupid

Quote by Neo Evil11
Ofcourse this happens when the police have been getting away with killing unarmed black people for so long. When the law does nothing, people will take justice into their own hands.

This is a contemptible and baseless statement.
Last edited by Rossenrot at Jul 17, 2016,
i'm gonna go ahead and say that i don't mind.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Neo Evil11

Unfortunately people are generally idiots and mistake killing random people for justice.

Yeah, I think MLK and similar successful non-violent activists were non-violent not just for hippie-dippie peace and love reasons (though I imagine for many, that was a big part of it), but also because violence de-legitimizes your grievances in most Western cultures. Many people seem to be going for a "fuck tha police" perspective recently I think partly because video footage has shown them to be engaging in what appears to be unnecessary violence (i.e., if they were totally legitimate, they wouldn't be killing people in the first place). The issue, of course, also intersects with the de-legitimizing power of accusations (deserved or not) of individual and systemic racism from the police.

edit - But the big winners are the media.
Quote by Skibolky
Last edited by Aeolian Harmony at Jul 17, 2016,
Quote by Eastwinn
i'm gonna go ahead and say that i don't mind.
Please explain what you mean so that no one interprets this in a way you don't mean
if violence makes you seem illegimate, why do white folks (even supposedly anti-authoritarian "libertarians") speak up in mass to support violent hegemony?
Quote by bdof
Please explain what you mean so that no one interprets this in a way you don't mean

i mean exactly what you think i mean. i don't care about cop killers. i even vaguely sympathize with them
Quote by Rossenrot
This is a contemptible and baseless statement.

We have multiple videos of those things happening. I call that data.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Eastwinn
i mean exactly what you think i mean. i don't care about cop killers. i even vaguely sympathize with them
Quote by Eastwinn

I dont mind when minority criminals who dis-obey orders from law enforcement get shot dead in their cars in front of their loved ones. How about that, Mister Edgy?
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Last edited by Watterboy at Jul 17, 2016,
Quote by Eastwinn
if violence makes you seem illegimate, why do white folks (even supposedly anti-authoritarian "libertarians") speak up in mass to support violent hegemony?

tbh, I could write some stuff but I'm not clear what you're talking about and don't want to mischaracterize your point.

Really though, whose violent hegemony? The police's? I don't deny at all that there's a strong undercurrent of racism in many anti-authoritarianism circles on the right.
Quote by Skibolky
Quote by Watterboy
I dont mind when minority criminals who dis-obey orders from law enforcement get shot dead in front of their loved ones. How about that, Mister Edgy?

alright slavemaster