Page 1 of 2
Pretty sad story here. I read an article a couple weeks ago about the Kim Kardashian of Pakistan. If you look at her feed it's not even that provocative just glamour shots with some cleavage showing.

https://www.instagram.com/qandeelbalochquebee/

Well, she's been strangled to death by her brother to defend the family's honor.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/17/pakistan-s-kim-kardashian-drugged-and-strangled-in-honor-killing.html

Damn.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Kim Kardashian of Pakistan

I hope that's her official title
I saw a post someone had made about how we should blame her for being provocative or something, instead of blaming her brother for being a fucking lunatic and killing her
I have nothing important to say
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
Quote by severed-metal
In Islam, is it honourable to murder your sister if she acts racy?

No its a culture thing.
Many non islamic cultures are into it as well.
More of a sexism issue.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jul 17, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15
No its a culture thing.
More of a sexism issue.

But the root of that sexism can be found in the rigorous gender apartheid that islam promotes
Go religion go.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by reconssuck
But the root of that sexism can be found in the rigorous gender apartheid that islam promotes

The answer to the question is still no.

Even the most hardcore Islamic scholars consider them to be un-islamic. There's nothing in the Quran that supports honor killings.

So again, I point to it being a culture issue.
(An issue that all cultures have had issues with at some point in their history, regardless of religion)
Quote by stratkat
Savages that have no place in western society.

Uh, it's Pakistan.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by EyeNon15
The answer to the question is still no.

Even the most hardcore Islamic scholars consider them to be un-islamic. There's nothing in the Quran that supports honor killings.

So again, I point to it being a culture issue.
(An issue that all cultures have had issues with at some point in their history, regardless of religion)

Have there been many atheist/agnostic cultures in history?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
ew

i thought this was gonna be about something cool like samurai or something not lame losers who choke their sister to death.

i mean i was just visualizing choking my brother, but not to protect my family's "honor"

not sure we ever had any to begin with.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by EyeNon15
No its a culture thing.
More of a sexism issue.

Islam is surely no saint in this manner, but since it also happens in India and stuff like that it does seem more cultural than anything.

Amazing how we start hearing about these issues in the media right now, when they've been happening for decades and nobody batted an eye to them. Decades of ignorance and dismissiveness means that these type of stories will certainly shock the moment they surface.

It's hard to have empathy to this kind of stuff, even if it's just a "different" culture.
Police killing minorities has been happening for a long time now too but it's kicking off and getting lots of attention now because we live in the age of information
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
Police killing minorities has been happening for a long time now too but it's kicking off and getting lots of attention now because we live in the age of information

The Civil Rights movement in the 50s and 60s was successful partly because news television cameras sent images of black people getting dogs sicced on them and waterhosed all around the country, which galvanized a lot of fence-sitters and apathetic people. We're just living in an era where there are a lot more cameras of better quality and we have modes of communication where you can spread info further, faster. The violence isn't a new trend, but the technology and the social apparatuses are.
Quote by gonzaw

Amazing how we start hearing about these issues in the media right now, when they've been happening for decades and nobody batted an eye to them.

Did you just make this up?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought

its one of those statements which are impossible to prove or disprove

lol
(\__/)

Quote by kalypto
its one of those statements which are impossible to prove or disprove

lol

Media attention aside, honor killings have been happening for ages now. I'm surprised this one ended in strangulation though, I thought it was common practice to resort to stoning or burning the victim with acid as punishment.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Media attention aside, honor killings have been happening for ages now. I'm surprised this one ended in strangulation though, I thought it was common practice to resort to stoning or burning the victim with acid as punishment.
he just wanted to be more humane about it.

fucking libtard progressive.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Dreadnought

What, you think honor killings are just a 2016 thing?
From what I gather they've been happening at the very least since the 90's (in Asia and Middle East), and I'd presume earlier than that too. But there wasn't much media attention to it in the west (e.g there were no "kim kardashians" you could follow on instagram back in the day).
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Something similar happened to one of my aunts when she was a teenager (thankfully she was ok). Neither she nor any of the other people involved were Muslim, but the cultures of India and Pakistan are similar wrt this sort of thing.

I'm not sure that acid attacks would be considered "common practice" for these cases. Many acid attack victims are female and are chosen as targets for misogynistic reasons. Not all are attacked as part of an honor killing though.

Also there are other common motivations for an acid attack such as property and gang disputes and the victims of these attacks are primarily male.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jul 17, 2016,
I am trying to understand what "defend their family's honour" actually means.

Because the only card I'm drawing says that instead of being known as the family who's daughter takes photos of herself on Instagram, they will instead be known as the family who's son murdered his sister for taking photos of herself on Instagram.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
like this isnt the kind of shit you people would say about actual kim k

yeah ok but i mean i doubt people would be saying that shit if she was murdered by her brother
(\__/)

Quote by Random3

Because the only card I'm drawing says that instead of being known as the family who's daughter takes photos of herself on Instagram, they will instead be known as the family who's son murdered his sister for taking photos of herself on Instagram.

probably something along the lines of "protecting" their family's image from embarrassment.

except a more reasonable (but probably still douchey) person would have some kind of intervention or some shit.
Quote by kalypto
yeah ok but i mean i doubt people would be saying that shit if she was murdered by her brother

On the other hand, if she murdered her brother.......
Quote by kalypto
i'm 100% certain there'd be easily enough people saying stuff like that to make a compilation like the one linked with very little effort
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by Random3

It's like back in the day- in usa- when dudes would kill gay guys that told them they had a crush on them.
"I ain't no fag" was more important than anything.
Quote by EyeNon15
On the other hand, if she murdered her brother.......

well she just got a hundred times more attractive

Quote by K33nbl4d3
i'm 100% certain there'd be easily enough people saying stuff like that to make a compilation like the one linked with very little effort

ok i concede
(\__/)

According to the Pew Research Center study, there are around 400 million people worldwide that believe this type of barbaric honor killing is justified. It's like turning back the clock 1000 years. This is not compatible with modern western society hence the recent clash of cultures. I expect this will get much worse before it gets better.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by gonzaw

It's hard to have empathy to this kind of stuff, even if it's just a "different" culture.

It's not hard, it's impossible. And they don't deserve empathy. I don't give a fuck that it's a "different culture". It's a bullshit culture. It doesn't deserve protection or respect. I don't give a fuck if that makes me a racist or something. I'm proudly racist against these fucking subhuman savages. Anyone who has ever committed an "honor killing", or even considered for half a second defending such a practice is a sack of inhuman shit that doesn't deserve to breathe, and they need to be exterminated.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by Cajundaddy
According to the Pew Research Center study, there are around 400 million people worldwide that believe this type of barbaric honor killing is justified. It's like turning back the clock 1000 years. This is not compatible with modern western society hence the recent clash of cultures. I expect this will get much worse before it gets better.

And if there was a magic button that would set every one of those 400 million people on fire and kill them slowly and painfully, I would not hesitate for a second to push that button. In fact, I'd mash the hell out of that button like fifty times, just make sure it worked. Those people are not human beings. They are a lower form of evolution, who's brains are not on a level that can be considered human. Their very existence is a clear and present danger to all mankind.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by the_bi99man
It's not hard, it's impossible. And they don't deserve empathy. I don't give a fuck that it's a "different culture". It's a bullshit culture. It doesn't deserve protection or respect. I don't give a fuck if that makes me a racist or something. I'm proudly racist against these fucking subhuman savages. Anyone who has ever committed an "honor killing", or even considered for half a second defending such a practice is a sack of inhuman shit that doesn't deserve to breathe, and they need to be exterminated.

What a brave stance you have there.
Page 1 of 2