Page 1 of 8
Post yours and decide if others are popular/unpopular/justified/whatever

Mine:

• American Idiot is Green Day's best album by a long way

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
i like punk

also Dookie is the best
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Generally not a fan of The Beatles.
Pablo Honey and The Bends are my favourite Radiohead albums.
Surfer Rosa is so horribly produced that I can barely listen to most of it despite being a huge Pixies fan. Trompe Le Monde is better than Doolittle.
Meg White is good at what she does and Get Behind Me Satan is the best album Jack White has done.
Electric Six are one of the best bands going.
New Smashing Pumpkins is really good and Machina II is my favourite SP album.
Foo Fighters are strictly a Greatest Hits band.
Vocals just get in the way of the music and most songs would sound better if they were instrumental
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
Vocals just get in the way of the music and most songs would sound better if they were instrumental
Quote by LukeRaybould
I like Black Veil Brides.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Mine:

To all of the above
Ska is good. And I don't mean that third wave pop-punk with saxophone shit.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I agree with both of you.
Love punk.
However, Dookie is a little better than American Idiot.
Carlos Santana is a great guitar player.
Try this:
Most metal besides Metallica and a few others is pretentious crap. Just fast riffs with with some moron growling songs about death and destruction.
They can't find someone who can sing? Just make instrumentals, seriously. And try to write somethiing upbeat or at least simply descritive. Try it.
All that 'metal' with growling or screaming vocals is not music. It is out and out, completely useless rubbish. And they're all the same. Buy a guitar
that isn't all flat black with black hardware and write a fucking song.
Look up 'harmony' and 'melody'. Oh and grow up. You are not fourteen years old anymore. When you're 23, no one cares that you can play Symphony of Destruction.
And while I'm at it, Linkin Park - stop crying. All they do is whine about something. They suck out loud.

I'd rather listen to Taylor Swift.

I'd best be going now!
Smile when you say that.
Quote by Trowzaa
ey, i dont like p much any 3rd wave anymore...

Streetlight tho...
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
The band that you like specifically is piss and shit and should be burned forever.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Last edited by EpiExplorer at Jul 17, 2016,
Chinese Democracy is a great album, and AFD is 100% inferior to the UYI albums. If I rated, it would be UY1 > UY2 > CD > AFD with CD being just a hair above AFD.
Skip the username, call me Billy
The Smiths made some great music
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Last edited by cha33 armstrong at Jul 17, 2016,
Quote by BillyRamone
I agree with both of you.
Love punk.
However, Dookie is a little better than American Idiot.
Carlos Santana is a great guitar player.
Try this:
Most metal besides Metallica and a few others is pretentious crap. Just fast riffs with with some moron growling songs about death and destruction.
They can't find someone who can sing? Just make instrumentals, seriously. And try to write somethiing upbeat or at least simply descritive. Try it.
All that 'metal' with growling or screaming vocals is not music. It is out and out, completely useless rubbish. And they're all the same. Buy a guitar
that isn't all flat black with black hardware and write a fucking song.
Look up 'harmony' and 'melody'. Oh and grow up. You are not fourteen years old anymore. When you're 23, no one cares that you can play Symphony of Destruction.
And while I'm at it, Linkin Park - stop crying. All they do is whine about something. They suck out loud.

I'd rather listen to Taylor Swift.

I'd best be going now!

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by cha33 armstrong
The Smiths made some great music
It's a shame they never recorded any of it, HEEEEEEEEEEY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
sia is the worst pop star of all time

Music is dumb. Like if you agree. Don't like if you blow Satan daily.
Free Ali
Quote by aerosmithfan95
Chinese Democracy is a great album, and AFD is 100% inferior to the UYI albums. If I rated, it would be UY1 > UY2 > CD > AFD with CD being just a hair above AFD.

I'd swap the UYI's around, but Chinese Democracy is an awesome album, so agree there. I was actually just going to post it as my unpopular opinion :lol:

A few more then:

I love power metal. The really cheesy stuff, all keyboards and stuff.
I also love hair metal. The really cheesy stuff, all keyboards and stuff.
Billy Ocean's "Red Light Spells Danger" is my favourite song of all time.
I like Nickelback.
Blink 182 aren't good (apart from a couple of songs), but Angels & Airwaves are.
I like Queen's album with Paul Rodgers.
Quote by BillyRamone

You obviously haven't listened to much metal then. Also ironic that you're moaning about people moaning. What are you, 14?
Quote by chrismendiola
Music is dumb. Like if you agree. Don't like if you blow Satan daily.
my throat hurts
the white stripes were the worst thing to ever happen to sports and that's a big deal cuz ac/dc exists

you could probably stretch that beyond sports and say music in general but maybe that's too hot of a take for right now i'll let yall cool down for a sec

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Jul 17, 2016,
Quote by JackSaints
You obviously haven't listened to much metal then. Also ironic that you're moaning about people moaning. What are you, 14?

Nice shot! That is ironic! I do listen, but everything I try is ... like I said. The song starts, interesting riff, then the 'vocals' start. Oh god put him out of his misery!
Smile when you say that.
Last edited by BillyRamone at Jul 17, 2016,
Quote by MinterMan22
the white stripes were the worst thing to ever happen to sports and that's a big deal cuz ac/dc exists
but the black eyed peas and guns and roses also exist
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
The whole singer-songwriter doing a stripped down acoustic version of a pop song thing is hella played out.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
The whole singer-songwriter doing a stripped down acoustic version of a pop song thing is hella played out.

YES, ALSO ANY SINGER WHO SOUNDS LIKE THEY JUST HAD AN OPERATION AND THEIR VOICE QUIVERS.

So pretty much every modern acoustic pop-rock singer.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by ErikLensherr

That reminds me of another unpopular opinion I have: Acoustic stuff always sucks. ALWAYS.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Mine:

This is true tho. Usually the album that gets a band accused of selling out is their best
Quote by JackSaints
That reminds me of another unpopular opinion I have: Acoustic stuff always sucks. ALWAYS.

You can also add to that when people say "I don't like the sound of electic guitars" really you dumb fuck which of the many sounds do you not like clean, overdriven, distorted, fuzzy etc
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by Trowzaa

There was this band from the 90s called The Urge.
I saw them open for somebody I forgot(that should say how good they were they outshined the headliners) but they had an entire horn section and I thought they were amazing. Master of Styles is the greatest album no one has ever heard of.

Still don't get why this band didn't blow the fuck up. Every song on this album is better than the last.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jul 17, 2016,
I'll have a few.

After the Burials best album by far is Dig Deep
Animals As Leaders' best album by far is The Joy Of Motion
Worship Music is the only Anthrax album that actually sounds good. And it sounds very good.
Parallax II is better than Colors (Between the Buried and Me)
Tomorrow We Die Alive is better than The Discovery (Born of Osiris)
Ziltioid II is better than Ziltioid I (Devin Townsend)
New Dillinger Escape Plan is significantly better than old Dillinger Escape Plan
Disturbed are a good band
L'Enfant Sauvage is better than The Way Of All Flesh (Gojira)
Iron Maiden's A Matter Of Life And Death is overrated
Crystal Planet is better than Surfing With The Alien (Joe Satriani)
New Lamb of God is significantly better than old Lamb of God
New Opeth is just as good as old Opeth
Trivium went steadily downhill after Shogun
Veil of Maya's best album by far is Matriarch
Quote by WCPhils
but the black eyed peas and guns and roses also exist

i'm trying to think of something worse than tens of thousands of europeans chanting that dumb seven nation army bass line for 2 straight hours and all i can come up with are the 20 thousand dumb miami heat fans that don't show up to their games until midway through the second quarter and chant that shit the rest of the way

Quote by LukeRaybould
I like Black Veil Brides.
same tbh

Quote by Trowzaa
same tbh

Quote by aerosmithfan95
AFD is 100% inferior to the UYI albums
same tbh also november rain is the worst of the uyi ballads (still good though)

Quote by Minkaro
same tbh

i think nearly all my unpopular music opinions would be that i like stuff because i tend to be pretty positive about just about all music so like probably someone will be upset that i like nicki minaj and/or kesha
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by MinterMan22
i'm trying to think of something worse than tens of thousands of europeans chanting that dumb seven nation army bass line for 2 straight hours and all i can come up with are the 20 thousand dumb miami heat fans that don't show up to their games until midway through the second quarter and chant that shit the rest of the way

The wave

The tomahawk chop
Quote by TheChaz
The wave

The tomahawk chop

okay i'll give you the tomahawk chop for obvious reasons. the wave is silly for sure but it's so great when it backfires on the home fans and the other team begins to mount a comeback. that shit will never get old.

Quote by MinterMan22

"You ess ayy" ad infinitum
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Minkaro
I'd swap the UYI's around, but Chinese Democracy is an awesome album, so agree there. I was actually just going to post it as my unpopular opinion :lol:

A few more then:

I also love hair metal. The really cheesy stuff, all keyboards and stuff.
Billy Ocean's "Red Light Spells Danger" is my favourite song of all time.
I like Nickelback.
Blink 182 aren't good (apart from a couple of songs), but Angels & Airwaves are.
I like Queen's album with Paul Rodgers.

I also like Queen + Paul Rodgers record and ChiDem was brilliant
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
oh yeah also i think the new chilis album was dope and as much as i love his work after seven years it's about time everyone shuts the fuck up about john frusciante not being in the band
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one