Earlier I went downstairs to get a drink and saw a fire out the window (all the trees were blocking my view). Curious to what happened I walked down the road a few blocks to see what house was on fire. Sure enough it was my old house, the house I grew up in. No one was apparently living there at the time and I heard from one of the neighbors that it might of been an electrical fire.

Feels bad man, I've missed that house ever since I've moved out and now it gone..
it's a building

that wasn't your childhood.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Jul 18, 2016,
I thought this was gonna be some shitty butthurt Ghostbusters review.

Damn.

Sorry to hear that bro, it's always weird going past your old homes, I imagine it'd be really tough to see it go up in flames.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Ok but did you get the drink????
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jul 18, 2016,
Quote by RAB11
I thought this was gonna be some shitty butthurt Ghostbusters review.

Damn.

Sorry to hear that bro, it's always weird going past your old homes, I imagine it'd be really tough to see it go up in flames.

Thanks, yeah it's a shame. I'm not shaken up over it or anything but it's sucks to see it go, I had a lot of good memories at that house.
Quote by Banjocal
it's a building

that wasn't your childhood.

Sounds like something that someone who had a lame house would say.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Ok but did you get the drink????

Had some more kratom + OJ when I got back. That's probably why I've been so calm.
Sorry to hear this. I still occasionally drive by the first house I lived in just for the feels. It's a weird thing
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Had some more kratom + OJ when I got back. That's probably why I've been so calm.
Good. Had me worried there.

On a serious note though I'm sorry to hear that and sorry if that came off as insensitive. It must have meant a lot to you.

Just remember it for what it was to you rather than what it was physically. I think you'll find that, as Banjo said, your childhood is still there with you. And that's what counts.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Only one thing left to do.....go strip every bit of copper from it
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Sorry to hear this. I still occasionally drive by the first house I lived in just for the feels. It's a weird thing

Yea I know what you mean. I haven't been down close to the house in years, a lot has changed.

Oddly enough, the house that used to be directly behind that house burned down too back when I was still living there.

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Good. Had me worried there.

On a serious note though I'm sorry to hear that and sorry if that came off as insensitive. It must have meant a lot to you.

Just remember it for what it was to you rather than what it was physically. I think you'll find that, as Banjo said, your childhood is still there with you. And that's what counts.

Thanks, yeah it's really not that big of a deal, just kind of a weird thing to see happen. Was defiantly in kinda state of disbelief when I walked down and saw it up in flames, thought I might be dreaming.
Find whoever was responsible and beat them up. You're bound to feel a lot better after that.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Sounds like something that someone who had a lame house would say.
my parents were in the military so I moved around ever 4 yrs or so

I quickly learned that attachment to buildings and things over experiences is an inferior attitude
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'm not attached to any of my old homes possibly due to moving around so much. But I am attached to daily routines associated with those places like eating breakfast or walking to the store.

Oh wait I am kinda attached to my grandparents house though. It's just beautiful and I want my future home to look like parts of it, but they're thinking of selling it.
cat
i drive by my one old house (the oldest one i remember at least) every few years.

slumlord who bought our split level apartment before we moved out because slumlord also bought the houses on either side of us (one where two of my friends lived when i was growing up, the other this ancient polish lady who grew raspberries in her yard) and tore down the fences and all the polish lady's plants.

now the entire block looks like trash. had about 10 cars in the driveway last time i passed. likely he's using it for some under the table garage because he was trying to store his shit on the property when we lived there.

i mostly just chuckle because it's at that point where it's so depressing it's funny.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Bummer at least no one was living there and lost everything or worse hurt or killed.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Yeah man I had the same feeling when I broke the head off my SSJ Goku action figure. I cried for like a week.

Mind you I was 8 so crying a lot was prolly the norm.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Banjocal
my parents were in the military so I moved around ever 4 yrs or so

I quickly learned that attachment to buildings and things over experiences is an inferior attitude

Yeah makes sense if you moved around a lot. I lived in that house up until I was around 14 so I can't help but to have a little bit of an attachment to it. What's done is done though, at least no one was living there.
Remember it's not the property that's important it's the loved ones you shared it with
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
i remember my mom getting really upset when she heard there had been a fire at her childhood home.

understandable because her mom died when she was 16 so there was a lot of emotional attachment to the house.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Nothing a lick of paint can't fix

EDIT: lick.. of paint. What a stupid saying
Last edited by sam b at Jul 18, 2016,
that picture is very sexually arousing
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I know the feels. The military tore down the house I grew up in to build a golf course. I can still visit the lake by my house where I use to build boats with my friends at least.
Quote by MeTallIcA313

It looks pretty bad up close

This is what happens when you bump my mixtape without an extinguisher handy.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Also, I'm sorry I used the destruction of a home to which you have strong feelings of attachment to quip a stupid joke.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by chrismendiola
Also, I'm sorry I used the destruction of a home to which you have strong feelings of attachment to quip a stupid joke.

Those tracks better be pretty ????