Does anybody know what brand/software he actually uses to get this sound? He is far and away away from actually needing the triggers, and uses them to add reverb to the toms and give the kick a more aggressive sound. I love his live sound along with his sound on De Myesteriis, I can play most of that album, but it doesn't sound right without that reverb drenched sound.

Cry yourself to ash
De Mysteriis has never sounded triggered to me. It was a pretty common practice in the 80s and early 90s for extreme metal drummers to remove the resonant heads from their toms or to cut rather large holes in the center of the heads. This was also often done on the bass drums as well. It gives the dums more attack and a rather quick decay. Hellhammer's kit at the time (based on the few videos I've seen) was configured in such a manner. My guess is that it was just mic'ed up and then hit with a bit of reverb.

This is a video of them rehearsing "Freezing Moon" from 1990. Note the large holes cut in the bass drum heads as well as the resonant heads of the two primary rack toms:

Quote by Second Rate
De Mysteriis has never sounded triggered to me. It was a pretty common practice in the 80s and early 90s for extreme metal drummers to remove the resonant heads from their toms or to cut rather large holes in the center of the heads. This was also often done on the bass drums as well. It gives the dums more attack and a rather quick decay. Hellhammer's kit at the time (based on the few videos I've seen) was configured in such a manner. My guess is that it was just mic'ed up and then hit with a bit of reverb.

This is a video of them rehearsing "Freezing Moon" from 1990. Note the large holes cut in the bass drum heads as well as the resonant heads of the two primary rack toms:

Apparently the reverb on De Mysteriis was the result of recording the drums a few times over in a concrete stairwell, so the triggers are to reproduce that sound live, basically.
Cry yourself to ash