Well over the weekend anyway... I traded a MiM Strat for a 2000 Parker P-38.
Overall in excellent condition.
Ash body
Maple and Rosewood neck/fretboard
HSS Setup with Fishman Peizos.

Yes... that is a pick under the bridge. I'm not fond of the bridge resting directly on the body.

Sadly,3 of the peizos are dying and someone swapped out the Sperzel lockers for common ping style tuners.
I have a new set of Graphtech replacements and new Sperzel trimlocks on order.

We will see what she is like in a week or so.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Last edited by Auriemma at Jul 19, 2016,
Nice score.

How does it sound?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
HNGD! Love the funky Parker aesthetic.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
HNGD, haven't seen a Parker for ages!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice score.
How does it sound?

Thanks all. I like it. It sounds surprisingly good. Slightly Stratty, but less quack. The peizo has a unique tone (even with its issues), and you're able to blend it in with the mag pups or run 2 separate lines to two amps, one electric, one acoustic. Lots of tonal possibilities.

I'm very pleased with the build quality. It's a little lighter than a MiM Strat. The neck is a thin shallow C, but very comfortable, the fretboard is fairly flat.
The Fishman/Wilkinson bridge is a PITA to setup. But I'll figure it out.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
Last edited by Auriemma at Jul 19, 2016,
Nice! HNGD!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Looks sweet. How can you not love the Parker spin on the strat? HNGD!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Parkers are very cool. Where was this one made? I am not super familiar with their stuff but I know that their US stuff can get pretty pricey...
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
This P38 was made in Korea.
--- Joe ---
Nice. Might have to invest in one...
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Thanks all!

Quote by dementiacaptain
Nice. Might have to invest in one...

The imports are running $300-400. The USA models still carry 4 digit price tags used from what I am seeing.
--- Joe ---
Last edited by Auriemma at Jul 21, 2016,