FROM COLOMBIA!

I did a search and found nothing on these guys, so I figured I would share.

https://condormetal.bandcamp.com/releases

These guys are FUCKING SICK, and their guitarist/vocalist Antonio is a friend of mine (I have chilled at his apartment in Boston before, as he is a student at Berklee). Their first album was more straight death/doom for the most part, not quite my style, but Duin is a year-defining work, IMO. I would describe their music as an eclectic mix of heavy, death and doom metal without falling into any one clear genre sub-division. This music resonates with power and grace; anger and triumph; hope and heroism. Highly recommended! They are releasing a new album in October. Hope you guys enjoy.
Last edited by Steve08 at Jul 19, 2016,
Swear there was a thread, but the new forum search engine messes with it. No harm in having Condor on the front page though.

I've enjoyed Duin, but it hasn't me like anything godly yet. I think it'll likely be one of those releases I have to sit on until I get it. Love their sound though.
Fuck I love this. Forgot when I picked up a copy but it hits up my stereo and car quite frequently. That album art begs for an LP release and purchase. This stuff isn't done too often, where I would loathe to call it "progressive" since all of it sounds quite Metal and atmospherically keen on staying as such but it gets tagged like that hanks to its intricacies similarly to Misery's Omen, Stargazer etc. Very strong musically from a traditional stand point and I can immensely appreciate that. High quality.

A wonderful sense of story telling in the song structure.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jul 25, 2016,
Solo in Coeur-de-lion at the end gives me a Scald-ish vibe
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Constantly playing this band as of late. So fantastic. Death Metal High Fantasy I wanna call it?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
gonna check them out more in depth sometime soon

appreciate the tab by Wile Chile as well.

Reminds me of.. early Chasm.. of Buried Dream's first album.. and I forgot what else lol. oh right Orchid era Opeth lol. it's a weird mix in a way but so far so good.
First band that came to mind was Cryptic Tales, specifically Koukounaries.

Quote by VampireGoldfish
Constantly playing this band as of late. So fantastic. Death Metal High Fantasy I wanna call it?

Yes definitely! The album cover is perfectly placed, music feels reminiscent of it. Condor are exemplary in their vision.
Interesting, would have literally never heard the similarity. What are your thoughts on Duin otherwise, beadhanger?
Just saw this post, lol. I now see the value of the notification system.

I think one word to sum it up is progress. There is definitely more of a reliance on riffs as opposed to solos here, which to me is a sign of maturity. There was this one weird fiesta-jingle on Nadia that totally took me out of a song. Less of that on this album. The way guitar melodies are constructed sometimes reminds me of Watching from a Distance, which is always a good thing. More riff diversity as well. All signs of a highly promising band.
Need to revisit this, especially given they've got a new album now. Their qualities have already been covered by others, from me it'll suffice to say they're a welcome breath of fresh air

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Duin is still unique and incredible. Sangreal I'm not really enjoying too much so far. Drums seem really loud, bordering on irritating. I love the underlying riffs though and I think once I get used to the drums it will be a killer album. I am disappointed with the mixing because Duin had it down perfectly.
These guys continue to do their own thing, with only so many contemporaries from the past. Refreshing.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one