So I just picked up a second-hand Duncan Stag Mag to put into my LP copy (because fuck tradition ).
Everything was going well with the installation until it came to actually mounting the pickups.
When I went to put one of the mounting screws in, I realised that one of the threads was completely stripped (the other is fine).
Now, being a ring-mounted guitar, I can't just ream the hole out and direct mount the pickups.

I could in theory get a thread tap and just re-tap both sides to a slightly larger diameter (M3 maybe?).and just use larger screws.
Alternatively, I could ream the holes further and somehow fit some kind of captive nut (epoxy or soldered?)

What are you guys' thoughts?
^yeah, go with M3. M3 is a common size for asian guitars so finding the mounting hardware should be pretty easy.
Not taking any online orders.
Otherwise you can probably get a press fit threaded insert if you don't want to change the screws. You would have to drill the hole to the proper size and then put the insert in with a pliers.
Quote by Rusty_Chisel
i would just epoxy a nut that fits the screw to the top side of the pickup tab

just be careful not to get any epoxy into the threads.
Honestly what I would do is just buy a new baseplate from Mojotone or something and change it. It's not hard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.