Hello guys!
Before I present my question I'd like to say that I'm a complete noob involving electric guitar and achieving certain tones, having just switched to the instrument from playing an acoustic for a couple of years. That being said I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help a fellow brother out.

This is the track that mesmerized me. The riff at the beginning only requires some delay, but that's just my inexperience talking. I'm more curious about achieving the sound that starts at about 1:14 of the track. These types of soaring, melodic leads are what inspired me to pick up the electric. Any types of suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I have purchased so far is an MIM strat, seeing as I have no understanding of ''proper'' gear and tone I wanted to reach out to you people before I put the cash on the register. Money is not a problem, so feel free to go all out with your advice

Thanks beforehand!
assuming money's no problem, as you said:

high gain tube amp
tubescreamer or sd1-style overdrive as a boost
delay

ideally humbuckers, though that tone is on the brighter side so the single coils in your strat might do it just fine
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that lead at 1:14 has a harmonizer on it for sure. digitech whammy pedal should get you something similar.
Quote by monwobobbo
that lead at 1:14 has a harmonizer on it for sure. digitech whammy pedal should get you something similar.

Or... you know... there could be a harmony guitar part. A harmonizer is somewhat unlikely to get you that sound, unless you get one of the super high-end expensive ones.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
not sure how i missed the harmony bit on the lead. now you guys mention it i hear it plainly
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Or... you know... there could be a harmony guitar part. A harmonizer is somewhat unlikely to get you that sound, unless you get one of the super high-end expensive ones.

sounds like a harmonizer to me as the guitar parts are exactly the same. I suppose it could be 2 separate guitar parts but doesn't sound that way to me. since this is a studio recording it could be a high end one and likely is. my recommendation is more budget friendly for the OP.
Quote by monwobobbo
sounds like a harmonizer to me as the guitar parts are exactly the same. I suppose it could be 2 separate guitar parts but doesn't sound that way to me. since this is a studio recording it could be a high end one and likely is. my recommendation is more budget friendly for the OP.

Listen more carefully dude, the harmony part is missing some notes leading in to the more epic bends. I mean, it's still possible that the harmonizer is being turned on and off... but my money's still on there being two guitars. I mean... why would you not just record a harmony part?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Listen more carefully dude, the harmony part is missing some notes leading in to the more epic bends. I mean, it's still possible that the harmonizer is being turned on and off... but my money's still on there being two guitars. I mean... why would you not just record a harmony part?

well either way if the OP wants to duplicaet that he will need a harmonizer. I did just give it a casual listen so you may be right. as for why not record a second guitar part well studio time is money so it may well be better to record the harmony track on a separate channel. the missing notes could have been taken out in the mixing stage. I do that sometimes when recording myself.