I know, I know, this question has been asked several times on this forum. I've looked at every single thread that relates to this. All the ones that I have seen are either too hard or just terrible solos. I want a good, quality song that I can learn in its entirety and has a good acoustic solo. I don't want solos that were recorded on electric guitar.

I have just started playing acoustic guitar solos. These are the only ones I know so far:

Intro solo to Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

Both solos to Patience by Guns N' Roses

The intro solo and most of the main solo in Nutshell by Alice And Chains

I would love to learn more but am having a hard time finding one. Thank you!
Kristoff162
solo starts at 1:50

tell me if you like it
The entire "Clapton Unplugged" album
Hotel Calif live intro
Race with the Devil on Spanish Highway
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 20, 2016,
Quote by Cajundaddy
The entire "Clapton Unplugged" album
Hotel Calif live intro
Race with the Devil on Spanish Highway

Race With The Devil On A Spanish Highway is electric. Thanks for the other two suggestions though. More specifically, which songs would you recommend I start with on the Clapton album? I know that show was brilliant, but what are some that I should start with? Are there any on there that I may be able to sing along with?
Quote by vitorlp
Kristoff162
solo starts at 1:50

tell me if you like it

I really like that song a lot. Thank you so much! I need to learn that song right now!
Learn the whole Clapton unplugged album. They are all fairly simple changes but the meat runs deep. We used to do these as street musicians and they were a hit.

Old Love
SF Bay Blues
Malted Milk
Tears in Heaven
Before You Accuse Me
Runin On Faith
Layla

They all work...
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 21, 2016,
Bluegrass. The whole genre is almost entirely acoustic string instruments and so there are plenty of acoustic guitar solos to be found. Doc Watson would be worth checking out. I'm not sure why you care so much about the solo being recorded on an acoustic when it doesn't really make a difference as long as the solo is practical on an acoustic.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
My personal favorite acoustic solo (in an otherwise non-acoustic song) has got to be the acoustic parts from Family Man by Fleetwood Mac, off the Tango in the Night album.

My God, it's full of stars!
Don't Speak, by No Doubt. The whole song isn't acoustic, but it would sound good that way, and the solo is definitely acoustic. And it's simple and sweet.

If you're up for a challenge, the outro solo on Avenged Sevenfold's "Sidewinder".
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Strangely enough, some of Europe's "symphonic metal" bands have some wonderful acoustic translations. From time to time, "bonus tracks", or even a 2nd disc is thrown in with "acoustic", and "instrumental" versions of the album's content.

It's perhaps a bit of grandstanding, but it gets the point across that even if you take away the distortion, choral, and orchestral bombast, at the core are some very lyrical, melodic songs. Delain's "Lucidity" comes across in this context, as does some of Nightwish's first album., "Angels Fall First". Originally, Nightwish was to be an acoustic backup for Tarja Turunen's vocals. When they heard how her voice had matured, they realized it was time to plug in!

I don't think anything Mark Knopfler has played couldn't be translated to full on acoustic playing.

Another candidate is Al Stewart, particularly his "Rhymes in Rooms" live album, with Peter White on lead acoustic guitar.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 24, 2016,
Quote by Captaincranky
Strangely enough, some of Europe's "symphonic metal" bands have some wonderful acoustic translations. From time to time, "bonus tracks", or even a 2nd disc is thrown in with "acoustic", and "instrumental" versions of the album's content.

It's perhaps a bit of grandstanding, but it gets the point across that even if you take away the distortion, choral, and orchestral bombast, at the core are some very lyrical, melodic songs. Delain's "Lucidity" comes across in this context, as does some of Nightwish's first album., "Angels Fall First". Originally, Nightwish was to be an acoustic backup for Tarja Turunen's vocals. When they heard how her voice had matured, they realized it was time to plug in!

I don't think anything Mark Knopfler has played couldn't be translated to full on acoustic playing.

Another candidate is Al Stewart, particularly his "Rhymes in Rooms" live album, with Peter White on lead acoustic guitar.

Year of the Cat has a great solo
My God, it's full of stars!
Usually Alice in Chains has some very memorable solos that'll up your skill in the acoustic world quite a bit. That, or learn GN'R and just play it on acoustic. Also, Metallica has some intricate lead pieces in their songs. Try Nothing Else Matters. It's a great song to learn in it's entirety.
Quote by BoatCrunk
Usually Alice in Chains has some very memorable solos that'll up your skill in the acoustic world quite a bit. That, or learn GN'R and just play it on acoustic. Also, Metallica has some intricate lead pieces in their songs. Try Nothing Else Matters. It's a great song to learn in it's entirety.

I didn't know AIC had acoustic songs. Are there any or are you talking about songs they did for the MTV Unplugged show?
Quote by Kristoff162
I didn't know AIC had acoustic songs. Are there any or are you talking about songs they did for the MTV Unplugged show?

They have a lot of acoustic songs. All it takes is a quick google search/a wikipedia discography browse. They're the same quality as any other AIC solo, too.