Page 1 of 2
yo narb, can i join you on your quest to move to not planet earth?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Jeesus christ can you guys just disarm your fucking police already
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
beatoff likes this

"I only hit him with my bullets, didn't shoot him I swears"
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
I'll tell you what, whenever I see a therapist working with an autistic client, I can't help but reach for my sidearm.
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I'll tell you what, whenever I see a therapist working with an autistic client, I can't help but reach for my sidearm.

Nothin' really bothers me like supporting the disenfranchised and marginalized
My God, it's full of stars!
"When I asked the officer 'why'd you shoot me?' he said '...I dunno...' "

Wow, great answer. I'm gonna have to use that one next time I get caught for speeding.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The bit where they turned him on his face, cuffed him, and then let him lay there bleeding for 20 minutes without doing first aid also boggles my mind.

Also, "Hilton Napoleon" is a badass name
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
yo narb, can i join you on your quest to move to not planet earth?

yeah I'll let you know if I make any progress
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
No one wants to say it, but I will: the police officer that shot this man is Muslims

*muslamic
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Sounds like a negligent discharge incident to me.

Officer should be fired, department should be sued.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Bladez22
*muslamic

*moose-llama
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Arby911

An ND would definitely better than the alternative I suppose. Can't see the end result being any different for the LEO
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Arby911

but will either of those things happen
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
way to be ociffer way to be
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
But black lives matter is a terrorist group bent on killing police officers and hating white people.
The bigger issue at hand is that there was a heavily armed response to a black man doing absolutely nothing. As guilty as the cops are for being horrendous, some dipshit had to call them to alert them to the fact that someone was out there being black.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
*moose-llama

Moose-Llama bin Laden
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
The officer should be named and fired on the spot. He's a useless idiot at best.
I hope the officer gets fire with legal reprocussion,I hope the victim gets some money out of this, stupid fucks.

Thank god he lived.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 21, 2016,
Stupid f**king cop! How in the hell are these candidates for the police academy being vetted? I mean how f**cking stupid do you have to be to shoot a man who is lying on the ground with his damn hands up. Cops like this deserve to be euthanised so a clear message can be sent to all of the other racist/stupid cops in the U.S.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by WaterGod
But black lives matter is a terrorist group bent on killing police officers and hating white people.

Not sure what you're getting at, there's no suggestion that race was at issue here.

Quote by TheChaz
The bigger issue at hand is that there was a heavily armed response to a black man doing absolutely nothing. As guilty as the cops are for being horrendous, some dipshit had to call them to alert them to the fact that someone was out there being black.

It wasn't a "heavily armed response" it was one officer with a sidearm at a call where he had been advised there was a person with a firearm.

This appears a simple case of incompetence, no more and no less.
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jul 21, 2016,
Quote by Arby911
This appears a simple case of incompetence, no more and no less.

Incompetence in cops is really trending right now.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jul 21, 2016,
Cops should have to pay their own liability insurance like doctors do.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jul 21, 2016,
Quote by Evilnine
Incompetence in cops is really trending right now.

I've taught more than a few courses to Law Enforcement. Most cops aren't gun guys, they are just guys that happen to carry a firearm in the course of their job.

While that sounds good in theory, it works out less well in practice. I know several departments where the officers never practice with their duty sidearm until annual qualifications, which are shamefully easy. How then do they have any idea how they will react under stress? Simple, they don't, until it happens.

I believe if you're going to carry a firearm you need to be well-qualified with it. Most of the civilians I saw at Thunder Ranch, Gunsite and the various other places I've trained at were far more competent than the average police officer, which is a shame. Fear added to poor trigger control equals tragedy.

The problem, as it is with any training, is cost. You have to pay the officer, you have to pay the instructor, you have to pay for ammo and if you don't have a departmental range, you have to pay for range time.

But as we see with incidents like this (and I'm assuming that this was a negligent discharge because it seems most likely) the cost of not training can be far higher. The cost of the lawsuit here will likely eclipse the departmental training budget by an order of magnitude...

I would take issue with people who feel this is the officer's "fault", because it's really not, he was merely the instrument of the incompetence. If a hospital provided a 2 week "Doctor" course and then sent the attendees into surgery who's fault would it be when people died? This needs to land squarely on the departments that fail to provide adequate training, because that's to only way to get it to change.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

While that sounds good in theory, it works out less well in practice. I know several departments where the officers never practice with their duty sidearm until annual qualifications, which are shamefully easy.

That sounds familiar. Ugh.

That post makes me want to get instructor certified and donate time to the local PD and give first responder classes. It's just a coincidence that they would give me CEU's for my recertification...
The range on those is very short. Much shorter than I would be willing to approach someone that was reported by dispatch to have a gun. This situation is a bit different than most situations, I know, but if we're speaking generally, tasers are somewhat niche tools, even if they are greatly useful and non-lethal.
Quote by JustRooster
That sounds familiar. Ugh.

That post makes me want to get instructor certified and donate time to the local PD and give first responder classes. It's just a coincidence that they would give me CEU's for my recertification...

If you actually want to look into that, most Boy Scout councils provide NRA training at a very reasonable cost, that will get you range and basic instructor certifications. If you want to go a little deeper, look into any of the quality firearms training schools. It's going to cost you, but it's worth it if that's what you want to do. I can recommend without qualification the Gunsite 250 class, which is 5 days (and over 1,000 rounds) to start with.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

Pretty open and shut.

/thread
Quote by Arby911
If you actually want to look into that, most Boy Scout councils provide NRA training at a very reasonable cost, that will get you range and basic instructor certifications. If you want to go a little deeper, look into any of the quality firearms training schools. It's going to cost you, but it's worth it if that's what you want to do. I can recommend without qualification the Gunsite 250 class, which is 5 days (and over 1,000 rounds) to start with.

I think I wasn't clear. Not for firearms training, medical training. Most cops are first responders, right?
Quote by JustRooster
I think I wasn't clear. Not for firearms training, medical training. Most cops are first responders, right?

Yes, to some degree.

I did misread, I thought you wanted to do both, which would have been pretty cool.

I did EMT basic and EMT II, but never moved on to Paramedic, just wasn't my calling.

I'm glad you guys are there though!!
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I've taught more than a few courses to Law Enforcement. Most cops aren't gun guys, they are just guys that happen to carry a firearm in the course of their job.

While that sounds good in theory, it works out less well in practice. I know several departments where the officers never practice with their duty sidearm until annual qualifications, which are shamefully easy. How then do they have any idea how they will react under stress? Simple, they don't, until it happens.

I believe if you're going to carry a firearm you need to be well-qualified with it. Most of the civilians I saw at Thunder Ranch, Gunsite and the various other places I've trained at were far more competent than the average police officer, which is a shame. Fear added to poor trigger control equals tragedy.

The problem, as it is with any training, is cost. You have to pay the officer, you have to pay the instructor, you have to pay for ammo and if you don't have a departmental range, you have to pay for range time.

But as we see with incidents like this (and I'm assuming that this was a negligent discharge because it seems most likely) the cost of not training can be far higher. The cost of the lawsuit here will likely eclipse the departmental training budget by an order of magnitude...

I would take issue with people who feel this is the officer's "fault", because it's really not, he was merely the instrument of the incompetence. If a hospital provided a 2 week "Doctor" course and then sent the attendees into surgery who's fault would it be when people died? This needs to land squarely on the departments that fail to provide adequate training, because that's to only way to get it to change.

Are you kidding? It's 100% the cop's fault. Nobody's responsible for him except himself. Nobody made him pull the trigger. He did it on his own. I'm pretty disappointed you're attempting to deflect blame off literally the only person responsible for shooting an unarmed, unaggressive civilian that was posing zero threat to anyone.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Ace, he's not saying it's not the officer's fault. He's just analyzing deeper to the root of the problem, not the immediate event that led to the issue.
yeah i get that, and the department is to blame as well, but the sympathizing with the officer rubs me the wrong way
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Page 1 of 2