Hey I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so please don't crucify me.
My guitar has quite a glossy neck and I was wondering if putting some kind of moisturizer on my hands will help me move around the fretboard and prevent it getting sticky, I was thinking maybe coconut oil? I use Elixir strings and was also wondering if I do use the oil will it ruin the strings?
I appreciate any reply's.
I wouldn't use any moisturizers, as they can build up on the neck and compound the problem. I hear baby powder can work well, but I've never tried it myself.

I'd (carefully) use some 0000 steel wool to wear off very little of the finish and make the neck smoother.
My crap:

Guitars
Jackson RR3T Limited Edition with Seymour Duncan Blackouts (MIJ)
Jackson JS1-X Rhoads
Jackson PDXT with Seymour Duncan Black Winters
Dean Vendetta XM

Amps
Peavey 6505 MH
Carvin 1X12 Cab

Pedals
Boss TU-3 Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Gate
Boss DD-7 Delay
Quote by BlackDeath92
I wouldn't use any moisturizers, as they can build up on the neck and compound the problem. I hear baby powder can work well, but I've never tried it myself.

I'd (carefully) use some 0000 steel wool to wear off very little of the finish and make the neck smoother.

I 2nd this suggestion. Lightly rub with some super fine steel wool or 2000 grit sandpaper. It will make the neck silky smooth.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Okay thanks for the responses guy's, I will try baby powder and when I can I will sand it down or something like that.
Baby powder might also gunk up if you get sweaty. You also don't want to accidentally get it on your picking hand.

Your best bet is to matte that gloss. I'm sure any good repair place can do that, if you don't want to take any chances.
sandpaper work fine too. If you plan on selling it, don't do it though. Some people like a lot of resistance.