Well here is the thing... Iron Maiden is having a show in my country, and i did not intend to go because i didnt have enough money. Now i won a ticket on a contest and nobody i know is going because it is too expensive considering you have to pay for the ticket plus for a 5-6 hour bus drive to the place they are playing... Anyway i went to a LOT of concerts (Rammstein, Amon, Slayer, Wylde... just to name a few of the big ones, also Prodigy last month (it was insane)) but i NEVER in my life went to a concert alone, especially this far away from my place. My issue is not really the concert itself but everything before and after that. I know i would have a blast headbanging and moshing at the concert but after that, and before,... im gonna be alone... pretty sad hahah... also i would have to wait for the bus after the concert for like 3-5 hours at the bus station... so what do you think ? Should i go ? Did you ever go this far to a concert alone ?
sure why not
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by sam b
yes

better than anyone finding out you're going to an iron maiden concert
Quote by slapsymcdougal
yes
no
maybe
i don't know

etc

you're not the boss of me now
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Yes why wouldn't you?, I went to a few concerts alone because my friends were cheap or just didn't want to go, don't pass up a chance to see Maiden they are stellar live!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I don't mind going concerts alone at all. As you say, you get lost in the crowd and have a blast anyway. Infact I prefer being alone at certain concerts so I can generally be a twat (as in, moshing around and singing along).

BUT you're right, the before and after bit are boring. I've been to a few Muse gigs alone, they were very close to my house though at Wembley Stadium, so whilst some people travelled from other countries to get there, I had a 20 minute train journey.

I queued up early to get right at the front... very early, I got there 7AM for 2PM doors open. I was waiting all morning, but it was a cool atmosphere, you meet the people queueing up around you etc. But being on a bus is a different story.

Personally I wouldn't go if you have to do a 6 hour journey to get there, then a 3 hour wait and another 6 hour journey to get back. BUT if you can't sell your ticket, and you really want to see them, then it might be worth it.
I watched Iron Maiden alone this summer. Alone in a crowd of 80,000.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Yes, go, have an adventure. Meet people and talk, take a book/mp3 player for the boring parts of the ride, all that.

Tell your grandkids about the story, etc.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by diablodino
should I go to an Iron Maiden concert?
no
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
No. You should wait for a random woman at Prom to go with you. It's the only logical conclusion.

Last edited by javathemocha at Jul 21, 2016,
If you don't go you'll regret it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by WCPhils
no

one time my friend went to a concert alone and he went blind
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by ErikLensherr
If you don't go you'll regret it.
But if he goes, gets kidnapped, bum raped and has his organs harvested and sold on the black market, he'll regret that too, and this is a wholly binary issue with no grey areas whatsoever.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Even when shit's wack it's better to regret doing something than not doing something #majorkey ?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
You'll be fine.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
i enjoy going with friends, because it can be a lot more fun

but sometimes they get too drunk or too fucked up on drugs so they just end up puking and making themselves look like fucktards
other times they end up dissapearing and i end up having to look after their asses post show, which is such a waste of time and not fun at all

going alone means you don't have to worry about anyone else but yourself, you can just have a fun time (and you can leave whenever you want)

i haven't been to a concert alone yet, but i think i will when an obscure band that i like comes to town that none of my friends are interested in haha
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Yes, go, have an adventure. Meet people and talk, take a book/mp3 player for the boring parts of the ride, all that.

Tell your grandkids about the story, etc.

This
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.
i went to a show by myself last night

it was still rad

you should go
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I went to Mastodon alone last year and had a great time. You don't have to worry about where your friends are and it's not like you can talk to them during the concert anyway. I never really understood the whole meeting people at gigs thing though, there's hardly an opportunity to speak to people. I might have said a couple of things to the people I was queuing up with but that was it.
West Ham United