hey every body
so i'm new with electric, i'll play only at home, maybe i'll even record some videos latter, i have a bad laptop ( that's me )
i'm a little bit confused, should i get a small amp with a multi-effect ?
can you please help me with the smallest budget possibl
thak you
A decent set of headphones and a portable digital modeler (Line 6 POD, Korg Pandora, Boss Micro-BR, etc.) or MFX pedal would be a good idea. They're relatively inexpensive, and in the meantime, you can save up for a serious amp...If you feel you actually need one.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Define "bad laptop"?

But a digital modeler is probably the easiest solution.

Buying an inexpensive amp with a few effects won't be satisfying for very long. Good is more valuable than loud.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Arby911 dannyalcatraz
thanks for both of you... i totaly agree with good is better than loud,, well i want maximum effects, a good enaugh sound, without having to use laptop everytime, i meen i can play with friends out, and laptop is not that practicle, hope you can understand me
Last edited by ihab.goufi at Jul 21, 2016,
Hmmm...where are you located? What do you play? Are you willing to buy used? And what would you consider to be your actual budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The Line 6 POD with headphones could be a good idea depending on whether or not you want to wear headphones. A Peavey Vypyr VIP could work, too because it has a headphone jack as well as a speaker, so if there are times where you want to play amplified without headphones the option is there without having to purchase a studio monitor. Also, there is a USB line out for your computer which you can use to record. the Vypyr comes with a decent array of effects that will get you started.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Fender Mustang is pretty cheap and should do tostart
Moving on.....
My first piece of "home gear" was a Roland Cube modeling combo amp. Small but rugged, 20 Watt solid state - absolutely enough for home use, very decent sound for the price, built-in effects, headphone output, external source input (for mp3 players & stuff), completely independent from a computer. Even some famous professional musicians use it. Check it out, dude.
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....
Last edited by Airfish at Jul 22, 2016,
Peavey Vypyr amps have the best modeling and widest selection for effects of anything i've tried. I recommend getting the best one you can, and take the footswitch into consideration as well if you want to use the wah or multiple effects at once.
If you have a home sound system, I've been eyeballing the digitech RP1000 and RP500. They have some great tones and a MASSIVE selection of them.
What's your budget and where do you live?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by KenG
Fender Mustang is pretty cheap and should do tostart

Brilliant amp these. I got one for home practice, and ill tell you what, it well and truly surpassed all my expectations. It does not sound sterile at all, actually sounds warm, and you can make them sound great.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.