Just got me a new guitfiddle. A Jackson SLATX-M 3-7.

Quick run-through of the specs:

- 26.5" scale
- Basswood body, maple neck and fretboard
- Seymour Duncan Nazgul/Sentient set
- Floyd Rose Special bridge
- Neck-through construction

Guitar is pretty much perfect, and the price was insanely low (about $650 in Canadian money) for what you get spec-wise. Only issue I have is the Floyd Rose, which is a bit of a steep learning curve for me, and this one doesn't feel much nicer than the cheap licensed Floyd I had on the only other guitar I owned with a Floyd (a Peavey Predator). Other than that, it feels and plays like butter, sounds pretty amazing, and it's beautiful to look at. Definitely the nicest guitar I've owned so far.

And here's a video of me testing it out through my bedroom rig. Just some phaser, overdrive and a bit of delay over a generic backing track. Mind the playing, I'm a little out of practice. :P

Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Congrats, that looks nice. I'm hearing good things about those SLAT 7 strings.
great color. congrats!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
DAYUM, that is one skinny neck! It's almost invisible.

Sounds good, looks good...must be good!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Sweet I am a die hard Jackson man and a sucker for a blue guitar and that maple neck...
Congrats on the aquisition.
HNGD
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by dthmtl3
Congrats, that looks nice. I'm hearing good things about those SLAT 7 strings.

I went into it without looking into the hype. I'm actually an Ibanez guy, but I needed a 7-string with a longer scale for downtuning, and the price on this was impossible to ignore. I'm so glad I made the purchase. As soon as the trem is properly blocked, I'm going to mess with so many tunings

Quote by dannyalcatraz
DAYUM, that is one skinny neck! It's almost invisible.

I was honestly surprised. I thought Ibanez had the market cornered on skinny necks, but this one just takes the cake. I'm bringing it home on the bus, and it almost doesn't feel like it's in my cheap gig bag at all, it's so unsubstantial in size. And yet, it's a HEAVY guitar :O

As for the colour and the maple fretboard... it's definitely the most beautiful guitar I've ever owned (my collection so far has pretty much been "gloss black superstrat with rosewood fretboard").
Congrats! Jacksons are great!!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by RBM01991
Maple fretboard > almost anything.

The more I play it, the more I agree <3
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very, very sexy and nice! I recently got a 26.5inch maple boarded 7 string also, (an Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB) and am in love with it, so I definitely can relate to how you feel with this one.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
This is the 2nd Jackson 7 string thread I've come across within 5 minutes. It's making me start to miss having a 7, dammit!

Anyways, nice score! I love a good Jackson!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Thats so nice man, I played a six string hardtail version at Guitar Center the other day. It was soo nice, it made me want to buy it; I wish they made the seven string hardtail because I'm done with floyd guitars.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Recommended threads