I found this documentary about a string of more than 60 ax murders across the US around the year 1900 - from Washington state to Georgia and from Illinois down to Texas.

They all had a lot of eerie similarities and it seems they might have all been committed by the same madman. Basically he was slaughtering couples and whole families while they slept, without rhyme or reason. Probably was just riding the rails. Not even stealing anything:

Don't watch before bed!!!
Quote by soundgarden1986
everythign i do is b4 bed

It's always after bed and before bed

makes u think imo
Free Ali
more like the BEST serial killer in history
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

the guy narrating that documentary has the most boring voice ever

put me to sleep
would be more scary if this happened in the last 50 years...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

holy shit maybe this songs about him

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
He was pretty axe-cited about killing people.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jul 22, 2016,
I constantly hear in the news and stuff (past history) about "Oh the horrible serial killer John Doe!" and see that he only killed 6 or 10 people. These "serial killers" are romanticized a lot and are given so much attention and stuff ... but they don't really kill that many people.

Didn't we just have a single dude kill 80 or so people 1 week ago? Why isn't he hailed as one of the worst serial killers in history, when in 10 minutes he killed more people than like 95% of serial killers in the whole history of the world killed in their whole lives?

Why is our culture so concerned about "serial killers" (specially in films/books/etc made about them) when there are other people and situations we don't considered related to serial killers that are much more dangerous and worrying?
Think about it, one of the most famous serial killers in western culture is the Zodiac Killer. Yet he only killed, what, 5 (proven) people? Why should we as a society give any attention to him at all when compared to other attacks?

EDIT: Though yeah I suppose 60 axe murders are pretty bad
Last edited by gonzaw at Jul 22, 2016,
Quote by gonzaw
I constantly hear in the news and stuff (past history) about "Oh the horrible serial killer John Doe!" and see that he only killed 6 or 10 people. These "serial killers" are romanticized a lot and are given so much attention and stuff ... but they don't really kill that many people.

Didn't we just have a single dude kill 80 or so people 1 week ago? Why isn't he hailed as one of the worst serial killers in history, when in 10 minutes he killed more people than like 95% of serial killers in the whole history of the world killed in their whole lives?

Why is our culture so concerned about "serial killers" (specially in films/books/etc made about them) when there are other people and situations we don't considered related to serial killers that are much more dangerous and worrying?
Think about it, one of the most famous serial killers in western culture is the Zodiac Killer. Yet he only killed, what, 5 (proven) people? Why should we as a society give any attention to him at all when compared to other attacks?

EDIT: Though yeah I suppose 60 axe murders are pretty bad
Technically that sort of thing is a spree killing, because they're all part of the same incident.

Oh, and Harold Shipman, serial killer with 218 confirmed victims and a further 32 named 'probables'. A report from a fellow inmate who claimed Shipman had told him the total count was in fact 508 was deemed unreliable.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
its all about quality over quantity.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Technically that sort of thing is a spree killing, because they're all part of the same incident.

Oh, and Harold Shipman, serial killer with 218 confirmed victims and a further 32 named 'probables'. A report from a fellow inmate who claimed Shipman had told him the total count was in fact 508 was deemed unreliable.

What makes it so that a dude that kills 1 person in 10 days each becomes more famous and feared than a dude that kills 10 people in 1 day?
Last edited by gonzaw at Jul 22, 2016,
Quote by gonzaw
What makes it so that a dude that kills 1 person in 10 days each becomes more famous and feared than a dude that kills 10 people in 1 day?
the commonly methodical nature of serial killers compared to spree killers.

killing 10 people in a span of 5 minutes isn't that difficult. i could just jump the curb and probably hit 20 in less than 30 seconds, but i'm not a cunt so i won't do that.

i can't remember the name of it but i once had this college criminal psychology book that goes in depth about the key differences between various types of killers as well as their motivations.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
the commonly methodical nature of serial killers compared to spree killers.

killing 10 people in a span of 5 minutes isn't that difficult. i could just jump the curb and probably hit 20 in less than 30 seconds, but i'm not a cunt so i won't do that.

i can't remember the name of it but i once had this college criminal psychology book that goes in depth about the key differences between various types of killers as well as their motivations.

If it's easier to kill a whole lot of people in 5 minutes shouldn't we fear it more or pay more attention to it? If being a serial killer is so hard why do we pay so much attention to them?
EyeNon15
I'm going to have to axe you to stop.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by gonzaw
If it's easier to kill a whole lot of people in 5 minutes shouldn't we fear it more or pay more attention to it? If being a serial killer is so hard why do we pay so much attention to them?
tbh i dont really have an answer for you.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
tbh i dont really have an answer for you.

I guess it's fear of the torture before death (dying because a truck hit you is faster, less dreadful/frightening and less painful than having a dude bury you alive or something), the unpredictability of it (your neighbour might be the serial killer), and an overall fascination with the theatrics of it (the whole "mythos" behind them with the secret codes, modus operandi, election of victims, etc).

But if you do think objectively nah spree killings are much worse and affect much more people in a worse way
Pastafarian96
This doesn't concern you, Axe-l.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.