Hello all, long time no post!

Anyways, I recently decided I wanted to change the original Grover tuners (18:1) in my Agile to the Keystone style Grovers for a more traditional look. I did my research and it seemed like everything was a direct swap. I ordered the Keystones (14:1), and everything was fine. However, when I tried to install them, the screw hole on the back was not directly on, but about half-the-hole short.

Now my question is, are the 14:1 and 18:1 ratio tuners not direct swaps for each other? Any thing helps in this, as I made an honest mistake, and just want help fixing it. Thanks y'all
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I think you've just answered your own question. If the holes are off, they're not a direct swap. Not much more to it than that, unless you're putting them on cockeyed or something, and I imagine you would have noticed if a little rotating would fix the problem.

Drilling another small hole isn't a big deal, at least not to me. Often the housing will cover the old hole anyway. Otherwise you may still be able to return the replacement machine heads.
Last edited by Roc8995 at Jul 21, 2016,
Worst case you can fill the holes with tooth picks. Nail polish in a maching color over them will help blend them in, then re drill.