Page 1 of 2
...Like Bill Evans. I love his playing so much I would like to check out others like him.
No because I'm busy tuning them
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I compose for piano all the time, but sadly cannot play one myself.

It'd make my life so much eaiser, but using vsts/hiring pianists is just easier, I have a lot of stuff I want to learn.
Quote by stratkat
I compose for piano all the time, but sadly cannot play one myself.

It'd make my life so much eaiser, but using vsts/hiring pianists is just easier, I have a lot of stuff I want to learn.

I play 6 instruments
It's not hard
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

i play keyboard a lot

i haven't done sight reading since highschool/middleschool so i'm pretty weak at it, so I just improvise more of the time and count on muscle memory
who knew playing guitar could translate so easily to piano...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Piano synthesia is the greatest thing ever for piano.

Fuck theory snobs, their music is always garbage

Actually. Piano maestro might be better, I've been thinking about getting it.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jul 23, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15

Pasta is okay with my music

Piano Synthesia has its uses (as basically color piano tab), but regular notation is a lot more precise. Agreed about Piano Maestro, though.

Sheet music comes naturally to me (within a few ledger lines), though.
Quote by EyeNon15

And being told you are playing like a deranged dickhead is a far more effective way of learning piano.
Also learning scales properly is actually very useful on piano

EDIT: lol
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Jul 23, 2016,
I can read music, I'm just not some snob that claims it's the only real way and that you aren't a musician if you can't do it.
Those people always make trash music.

Never forget music came before notation.
Also, playing like a deranged dickhead has created some of the greatest musicians and music the world has ever known.
No that's playing like a lunatic
I'm talking about putting fingers over each other and using dumb finger placement
Because there is a reason those fingers are written there on the sheet music
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Yeh. It's pretty important if you want to play something exactly as it's written. Ya know, something that any tape recorder can do way better than you, regardless of your proper finger placement.
Lol a tape recorder
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

I was trying to thing of some really old recording technology. Tape recorder was the best I could come up with.
Yes but Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville's phonautograph, Edison's phonograph, the record press, the reel to reel or any form of recording tech could actually play a piano. What are you talking about?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by EyeNon15
Never forget music came before notation.
True, but the music that survived the first millennium was notated. Oral traditions die with the culture.

Quote by EyeNon15
Yeh. It's pretty important if you want to play something exactly as it's written. Ya know, something that any tape recorder can do way better than you, regardless of your proper finger placement.
And music was notated but open to virtuosic improvisation (see Mozart, Liszt, Paganini, and many others), not to mention the freedom within figured bass.

Classical music is not as mechanical rhythmically, check this out:

(My point is)That you are fighting a losing battle if you think the only way to be a musician is to play things exactly as they were written or originally performed.

Any recording technology can do that way better than you can.
Modern synths can also do that way better than you can.

That's fine if you take personal pride in playing things a certain way, nothing at all wrong with that. Or if your dream is to join an orchestra or something where every single note is micromanaged for you.

But SOME people go overboard with their way being the only way, these people never create anything good.
Billy Joel plays piano.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Pastafarian96
No that's playing like a lunatic
I'm talking about putting fingers over each other and using dumb finger placement
Because there is a reason those fingers are written there on the sheet music
yea if you don't know proper technique for stuff like finger placement you're just gonna have an awful time on the piano

You're likely just making something much more difficult than it needs to be
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by EyeNon15
That you are fighting a losing battle if you think the only way to be a musician is to play things exactly as they were written or originally performed.

And people who think this are idiots, as are people who think that playing something different to how it was written is some sort of amazing development and the future of music.
E.g. a note by note performance of Polonaise in A flat Major Op.53 vs a piano roll version played by Ferrucio Busoni

Any recording technology can do that way better than you can.
Modern synths can also do that way better than you can.

How? A piece of recording tech cannot activate an instrument other than sympathetic vibration from playback, and that's closer to musique concrète

That's fine if you take personal pride in playing things a certain way, nothing at all wrong with that. Or if your dream is to join an orchestra or something where every single note is micromanaged for you.

Only if you want it to be, they aren't all the same, conductors will make edits to the score reflecting their personal preference and style.

But SOME people go overboard with their way being the only way, these people never create anything good.

You don't seem at all like one of those
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
And people who think this are idiots, as are people who think that playing something different to how it was written is some sort of amazing development and the future of music.

Please explain to me how playing moonlight sonata without any variation from centuries old notation is any sort of amazing development.

Again, I'm the one saying play music however you want.
Learning theory, and taking lessons certainly helps a lot of people, including myself but I'm not so smug that I think my way is the only way to be a proper musician or play things properly.
Quote by EyeNon15
I'm not so smug

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by EyeNon15
Please explain to me how playing moonlight sonata without any variation from centuries old notation is any sort of amazing development.
He wasn't implying that? Either way, the third movement requires technical skill. Dynamics are also a major part of classical music.

Classical music is made to elevate the composer for his ideas, as well as the performer for giving the ideas some aural form of his designing.

The only things that actually care to play music exactly as written are machines, and they're boring as f.

Again, I'm the one saying play music however you want.
Learning theory, and taking lessons certainly helps a lot of people, including myself but I'm not so smug that I think my way is the only way to be a proper musician or play things properly.
I don't think I know of the person you assume exists?
heyyy, someone else who likes Bill Evans. Nice.

Easily my fav jazz pianist / artist in general.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by NeoMvsEu
He wasn't implying that? Either way, the third movement requires technical skill. Dynamics are also a major part of classical music.

I don't know what he was implying, I made my own statement that people who claim knowing theory is the only way to be a musician never make anything good.
To which he seemed to have some sort of issue with.

I know plenty of people who are very good at instruments without ever taking lessons or studying theory......people that claim these people aren't good also are in the category of never making anything good.

In the end I just said it because I knew some snotty person who has never made anything worthwhile would have an issue with piano synthesia and piano maestro aids.
Read: No one plays music exactly as written, so that's not even a point to make.
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Read: No one plays music exactly as written, so that's not even a point to make.

Yeh I made that point from the beginning.
It's weird that you are agreeing with me in a belligerent way.
Quote by EyeNon15

Basically your tone has read very aggressive from the beginning.
Last edited by NeoMvsEu at Jul 23, 2016,
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Basically your tone has read very aggressive from the beginning.

So? That doesn't mean you have to aggressively agree with me.
That's weird.
Quote by EyeNon15
So? That doesn't mean you have to aggressively agree with me.
That's weird.
Because I don't agree with you fully.

Piano Synthesia and Piano Maestro have their merits, but they don't allow for development of personal musicianship and style. They give a style to copy, but the player has no inner voice.

On the other hand, you hear the pianists' voices clearly through Pasta's two videos of the same song.
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Because I don't agree with you fully.

Piano Synthesia and Piano Maestro have their merits, but they don't allow for development of personal musicianship and style. They give a style to copy, but the player has no inner voice.

On the other hand, you hear the pianists' voices clearly through Pasta's two videos of the same song.

Reading sheet music doesnt do any better at giving the player a distinct or inner voice IMO.
But you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
I've done both extensively and used current synths so I'm entitled to an opinion as well.
goddamn iNon you'll argue anything

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by EyeNon15
Reading sheet music doesnt do any better at giving the player a distinct or inner voice IMO.
But you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
I've done both extensively and used current synths so I'm entitled to an opinion as well.
True in a sense; however, descriptive notation (sheet music) allows the user far more freedom than copying a piano roll or adhering strictly to a metronome*.

I think your frame of reference is far different than both Pasta and mine.

*outside of ensemble context in classical music, this is fine to some extent. See above video I linked.
How many times are you going to vacillate on what position I'm on?

I never said that; however, dependence on technology for music without learning to use the aural faculties as well is not useful.
Page 1 of 2