Sorry if I sound very stupid by asking this. I have a Marshall cabinet with a Marshall TSL 100 JCM 2000 amp. I am trying to figure out the correct way to be plugging things in, or if there isn't one "correct" way, then at least an explanation on what all the different configa are good for, in plain English haha.

On the back of the amp, it has 3 output jacks (as well as a little switch for two of them). I will enclose a picture of the back of the head, then I will comment to post a picture of the back of the cabinet. I guess I am trying to understand which to use in what situations and most importantly, why.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Sorry, the pictures wouldn't upload. So a verbal description:

On he back of the head, there are three jacks: 16 ohm only, and two that say 4 & 8 ohm parallel jacks. Then there is a switch to select 4 or 8.

Then on the back of the cabinet, there is a jack for 4 ohm input, the. One for 16 ohm input. And there is a switch that says mono or 150 w/CH stereo. Also next to the 4 ohm input, it also says 8 ohm right. Then next to the 16 ohm input, it also says 8 ohm left.

I'm all kinds of confused here!
Before you go plugging things in... do you have a proper cable to plug things in with? There is a difference between speaker cables and instrument cables. Make sure you are using a speaker cable when hooking an amp head to a speaker cab.

With that being said, keep it simple. Run your cable from the 16 ohm 'only' jack on the back of the head to the 16 ohm jack on the back of your cab. Make sure the switch on the back of your cab is set for mono operation.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
ThunderPunk yes, I have a proper speaker cable, not just using an instrument cable.

Thank you for the guidance on how to just get it going simple. But is there anything further you can elaborate on, like what the other input/output configs are used for?
Thunderpunk is right, 16 ohms to 16 ohms with the cab set to mono.

On the other possibilities, the two remaining outputs on the head can be used if you're not using the 16 ohm output to use different speaker configurations. With the switch set to 8 ohms you can run two 16 ohm cabs (two 16 ohm impedances in parallel make 8 ohms), one from each output, or a single 8 ohm cabinet. With the switch set of 4 ohms you can run two 8 ohm cabinets (two 8 ohm impedances in parallel make 4 ohms), one from each output, or a single 4 ohm cabinet.

The cabinet, meanwhile, can be run in stereo so you have an amp to the left pair of speakers at 8 ohms and an amp to the right pair of speakers also at 8 ohms, or in mono one input gives you a 4 ohm impedance (presumably four 16 ohm speakers in parallel) and the other 16 ohms (two parallel pairs of 16 ohm speakers, with each pair in series). It's all maths, basically.

It's just for flexibility, basically. A lot of Fender cabs are 4 ohm impedances, a pair of 16 ohm Marshall cabs (i.e. a stack) would give you an 8 ohm impedance, and so forth. Likewise there are stereo amps which would utilise the stereo settings on the cab (presumably a 4x12?) or you could run two different amps into it. Similarly Fender amps often have 4 ohm outputs so the 4 ohm mono setting would let me run my Twin Reverb into a Marshall 4x12, which is an exciting thought. The fun never ends, really.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 23, 2016,
Ok this makes a little more sense. It's about splitting up potential multiple cab or amp setups and just making sure that the correct parallel amount of power is being sent to the multiple setups. So since I'm just focusing on one head, one cab, simple and to the point.

Thank you both!