Heya guys, I am playing through a Orange CR120 and I play am after a good OD thats gonna give a good boost. I play punk so I wanna keep it nice and heavy.

Being that the amp doesnt have tubes am I better off with just buying a boost pedal? Not 100% sure.

Cheers guys
Last edited by MacPark at Jul 23, 2016,
What kind of sound are you after that the Orange can't do on its own?

My favourite boost pedal is the Maxon OD808, but basically any TubeScreamer-style pedal will do the trick probably.
Stick an eq in the loop then.
MXR 10 band is what I'd recommend.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
thats probably getting a bit too much for me i think. I just play punk and want a boost and some driver when I need it. I wasnt sure whats gonna do me a better job an OD or a boost pedal.
If all you want is a volume boost, just buy a boost pedal then. If you want extra distortion as well then buy an overdrive.

Another cheap way out of your dilemma would be a danelectro Fish N Chips. They are an ergonomic nightmare but they work well
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 23, 2016,
If your sound is already heavily distorted, and OD isn't going to do much volume wise, if you use it as a distortion pedal. The companies use these terms incorrectly, where they'll have one knob that is gain and one that is level. These kind-of mean the same thing, as they bring the signal up when turned up, but one forces the pedal to distort the signal, and the other with force the signal out of the pedal to distort the signal. This knob that distorts the amp usually boosts the mids, which will make you sound louder in the mix. I second the EQ though, EQs tend to be tighter and more versatile. Either can be easily used to achieve what you are going for, though. I've been eyeballing the way huge green rhino. The fact that you can adjust the mid frequency that is boosted makes it so versatile.