After picking up a Mark 5:25, I decided to build a conventional rig (still have my Axe FX). Wanting to approximate tones from a bunch of my favs, I went on a shopping spree and picked up a bunch of new pedals to fill out what I already had (and to move away from the Line 6 M9).

Can you guys sanity check this plan to see if anything sticks out as particularly strange?

In front of amp, in order:

TC Polytune
Xotic SP compressor
Sampler Velvet Fuzz
MXR Uni-Vibe
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Flanger
Mesa Gridslammer
Lovepedal Purple Plexi

In loop:

TC Flashback Delay
MXR M300 Reverb
TC Ditto looper

I figure along with the amazing versatility of the amp on its own, I should be able to call up decent approximations of pretty much any tone I'd want from jazz to blues to rock to metal. I have a couple other ODs (Ibanez TS808, Maxin OD808, OCD) but figured I'd give the Gridslammer a try.

Any thoughts on this setup/plan?
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM (2), RG7421, Mayer Strat

Amps
- Peavey Invective, Mesa TC-50, Vypyr 60
Looks good. Depending on what you want out of those modulation pedals, you might want to move those to the loop. I prefer flanger and phaser after dirt, but you might not. Might want to play around with the fuzz as well. I haven't used it, but some fuzz pedals really don't like anything in front of it.
How about a TC Corona Chorus and a clean boost of some sort? I have my Budda Zenman pull double duty for clean boost and overdrive/tubescreamer.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Thanks guys. The flanger and phaser are really just for VH style stuff and I'm pretty sure he had them in front where they're a bit more subtle.

I'm not sure about the fuzz at all; that may take some messing with. Moving it around and such.

I'm kind of thinking of the Gridslammer as a boost. It's not clean per se but I'm likely that run it with the gain down and volume up like people typically do with TS type pedals. So kinda clean boost-ish. With that said I wouldn't mind having an EP booster too lol. And a might consider a chorus, though the pedal list already looks pretty crowded. Hmmmm.
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM (2), RG7421, Mayer Strat

Amps
If you are using an AxeFX why do you need a reverb or delay? Plenty of other shit too, And the purple plexi? What's wrong with the Axe's plexi?
KISS.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
If you are using an AxeFX why do you need a reverb or delay? Plenty of other shit too, And the purple plexi? What's wrong with the Axe's plexi?
KISS.

Two separate rigs.
Guitars

Amps
Deadpool_25 that's a great lookink board!!! Have you thought about getting something like the eventide modfactor or H9 to handle the modulation? It would simplify your board and also provide chorus. Strymon also has a modulation pedal that is excellent and could replace those 4 pedals off you board
Thanks reverb66. Hmmm. Interesting thought. The H9 does get lots of love. And the Strymon Mobius, right? I'd still have to keep one of the four because I'd need vibe and fuzz at the same time every now and then (Machine Gun!) but I may look into those.
Guitars

Amps
What's the problem with needing fuzz and vibe at the same time and getting an H9 or a Mobius?

I've had a Mobius and it's stellar. The best Strymon pedal out there in my opinion.
I K0nijn I I read that suggestion as replacing the fuzz too for some reason. Oops. Yeah a Mobius could replace the flanger, phaser, and vibe and could also take chorus duties. I like the idea of the Mobius a bit more than the H9.
Guitars

Amps
Last edited by Deadpool_25 at Jul 24, 2016,
cmatmods phaser, malekko makes a sweet chorus (and its tiny). for the vibe, I am generally not a fan of the mxr.

Maybe a fulltone choralflange? I liked the one i messed around with for a while.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I also have the mark 5:25. I use a tuner, then an MXR phase 90 in front of a TC Spark mini booster. have a few OD pedals but haven't found one that I really like with it; therefore, mostly use the spark as a boost. In the loop, I have a Flashback delay and chorona chorus.

By the way, I like the phaser in front better than the loop,but that is me.
Last edited by MAChiefs at Jul 24, 2016,
Deadpool_25, a nice thing the Mobius has is that you can split it up with the stereo ins and outs to have it in front of the amp or in the loop depending on the preset.
If the was going to do it, I'd get the Mobius. However, after more research and consideration, I'm going to stick with the individual pedals I already have for now (enough money spent the last couple of weeks!).

Thanks for the input. You guys are always helpful.
Guitars

Amps