Chinese guitar I bought off ebay. It's my first semi-hollow/thinline type axe & an original design (...pretty good one at that ) ..not a knock off ...not too shabby for $200 either

I was actually looking to buy a set of pickups online but then I came across this and it caught my eye. Next thing I knew I'd pulled the trigger

I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the fit/finish/build quality (quite flawless) when it arrived a few days ago & it played awesome right out of the box.

Switched the mini-pots out for full-sized ones..the switch seemed ok, as did the output jack so I left those in there. Did'nt really have to work on anything else except for lowering the action a bit/setting the pickup height.

The pickups look like EMG's except they're passive (and obviously alnico)..they sound pretty good. Nice warm/mellow sweet & woody tone. I just might keep them in there

Anyway, here's a bunch of pics (& an unboxing video/jam video) ....pretty sweet looking axe

This thing had me fooled; before I scrolled back up to read the introduction I thought you must've paid something crazy for that

HNGD
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Dude, talk about bang for the buck! Super cool guitar, HNGD!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jul 24, 2016,
Thanks guys! Yeah, shocking that it actually cost the same as a set of pickups Personally, I think the way it's put together (and sounds), it could easily have another zero added to the price & still be worth it ..it's that good
Last edited by GodOfEmptyness at Jul 24, 2016,
GodOfEmptyness
Quote by GodOfEmptyness

Switched the mini-pots out for full-sized ones..the switch seemed ok, as did the output jack so I left those in there. Did'nt really have to work on anything else except for lowering the action a bit/setting the pickup height.

Amazing-looking guitar, especially for that money. That's crazy.

FWIW, there's no advantage to larger pots over "minis." Unless there's an actual difference in quality between brands. But between CTS and a comparable mini pot there's no reason, tonally or operationally, to favor one over the other. Yet another example of irrational traditionalism among guitar players.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks dudes! I really think it is too

About the pots....yeah, I know it's probably more to do with actual pot values/tolerance issues or whatever ..but I've always found the regular-sized ones seem to sound a bit more open in the mids. Though I will say swpping out the mini pots made no difference with this guitar . Switching the green chiclet cap for a russian PIO on the other hand definitely did..
Nice looker for 200 beans... and if she plays well, all the better.
CONGRATS!
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77