Under $850 used
Medium/Large frets-No extra jumbo frets
24-25" scale length
Mahogany spruce or hard maple body
Wood neck, not painted

I would also prefer 24 frets
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by tsuzu01 at Jul 24, 2016,
Are any of those specs negotiable? There may be something really obvious I'm missing, but I can't think of anything offhand. some of those specs don't often come together on a guitar (shorter scale length with a fast, unpainted neck but also not with jumbo frets).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I guess the most important specs to me are fast thin neck, medium/large frets, Mahogany, spruce, or hard maple body, under $850 used. I would also consider something that meets the body and price requirement, that I could replace the neck on. Fav brands are Esp, Jackson, Ibanez, Schecter.
Last edited by tsuzu01 at Jul 24, 2016,
Odd list of specs. The Jackson Pro Monarkh almost fits the bill. It's got 22 frets and a set neck, sounds like you're looking for a bolt on too? Anyways, price is $800 new.
You can probably find some Carvin s that meet your requirements.
One note -- ALL necks are painted (I think even the "roasted maple" necks on the Suhrs or the occasional rosewood neck, etc.). No one sends out a neck without a finish. It may be a matte finish, and it may FEEL like raw wood, but it's not.
^Makes sense about all being painted, I just meant not that coating material that sticks and slows you down especially if you sweat, that is on some guitars.
Also the customizable Carvin Kiesel looks awesome, I may have to sell some of my stuff and increase my budget for it.
Quote by tsuzu01
Yeah, I guess the most important specs to me are fast thin neck, medium/large frets, Mahogany, spruce, or hard maple body, under $850 used. I would also consider something that meets the body and price requirement, that I could replace the neck on. Fav brands are Esp, Jackson, Ibanez, Schecter.

yeah. i mean if you have it right down to the frets you could always get a refret, that might be the handiest option.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Check out Carvin/Kiesel, at least to see if there are any model/feature combos you like, or if there is anything in their "Guitars In Stock" section.

...and then see if you can find a similar used one on Reverb or eBay. I see them all the time, $600+.

For example:

https://reverb.com/marketplace/electric-guitars?query=carvin&product_type=electric-guitars&sort=price%7Casc
https://reverb.com/marketplace/electric-guitars?query=kiesel&product_type=electric-guitars&sort=price%7Casc

Heck, the DC127 starts at @$850 new.
http://www.kieselguitars.com/catalog/guitars/dc127

And can be had under $600 used.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carvin-DC-127-Neck-Through-Electric-Guitar-with-Hardshell-Case-/291826445750?ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F0%2Fe11021.m43.l3160%2F7%3Feuid%3Df7eb04d807ab4ad696bda409e8e8c2ed%26bu%3D44167666185%26loc%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.com%252Fws%252FeBayISAPI.dll%253FViewItem%2526item%253D291826445750%26exe%3D14596%26ext%3D37381%26es%3D0%26nqc%3DEgAAAgAYAAACICAACoAAQAMIAQAIAIAAAAAACAAAgAAAQAAAAAAiAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAgAAgAAAABAEIAAzgIAEAACAAgAAAAAQAAAAAQAAAAAggAAAgAAAIAAEAAIABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAg*%26nqt%3DEgAAAgAYAAACICAACoAAQAMIAQAIAIAAAAAACAAAgAAAQAAAAAAiAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAgAAgAEAABAEIAAzgIAEAACAAgAAAAAQAAAAAQAAAAAggAAAgACAIgAEAAIABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAg*%26ec%3D1%26sojTags%3Des%3Des%2Cnqc%3Dnqc%2Cnqt%3Dnqt%2Cec%3Dec%2Cexe%3Dexe%2Cext%3Dext%2Cbu%3Dbu%26srcrot%3De11021.m43.l3160%26rvr_id%3D0
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 24, 2016,
Dave_Mc The frets on my current guitar are extra jumbo which isn't working well for me because I have somewhat small hands. I'm guessing it's not but Is it possible to get a refret on it to make the frets medium jumbo size? Frets are extra jumbo, scale is 25.5".
Check out the ltd fx360. If you can find a 401(discontinued) even better but there's not a huge difference between the two as far as k know.
Quote by tsuzu01
Dave_Mc The frets on my current guitar are extra jumbo which isn't working well for me because I have somewhat small hands. I'm guessing it's not but Is it possible to get a refret on it to make the frets medium jumbo size? Frets are extra jumbo, scale is 25.5".

yeah i think that should be possible. it will cost a bit, though. you might even be able to get your current frets dressed so they're smaller.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Check out the Gelvin Orion. If you could find one used they might be less than $850, but I think the new ones start at $950, considering they are custom guitars.
Quote by VanhalenVai
Check out the Gelvin Orion. If you could find one used they might be less than $850, but I think the new ones start at $950, considering they are custom guitars.

Gelvins are amazing guitars
Quote by LiquidOcelot7
Gelvins are amazing guitars
And they're made by Will Gelvin, one of my favourite youtubers