Hi everyone. Has anyone successfully used any guitar skins from companies advertising on the internet? If so which one did you use? I ordered a Zakk Wylde Bullseye guitar one from axewraps.com, but over a month later and I still haven't received it. I have tried contacting them multiple times but no answer back. Is it a scam? It was the cheapest i found of the few companies that i could find that do this sort of thing over the internet. I am doing it on an old epiphone les paul studio that i found so thought I would try the vinyl sticker route first before having to go the re-painting route.
Hopefully he'll show up in this thread soon enough, but the guy you probably want to talk to for this is dspellman. He talks about these wraps a fair bit so I wouldn't be surprised if he had experience with the company.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I haven't worked a lot with the internet companies on axe wraps (essentially, we can walk into several places that can make them for you where I'm located). The stuff itself isn't a sticker; it's "transit vinyl," which is the same thing that you see going on buses, food trucks and those chrome-plated-looking lamborghinis. We've just handed them a computer file and picked up the vinyl the next day. A friend of mine has done his black strat a lot over the years; I think he changes them out for holidays and special occasions, but they'll last at least a couple of years.

Keep working on axewraps.com and let us know how you get on with them. They should have turned that thing around in days.
Last edited by dspellman at Jul 25, 2016,
Thanks for your reply! Ya that is how long I thought it would take as well, with shipping I thought it would be here in a couple of weeks for sure. I ordered some other stuff from mexico and japan the same day that I ordered from axewraps and have received both of those other items already. It is the fact that I can't get a hold of anyone there that concerns me a little bit. Anyways, if it does show up, once I get it installed I will let you know how it looks etc. Any tips for installation (or threads that you could point me to, maybe I am not searching for the right thing)? And if it doesn't show up what kind of retailers would I be looking for that could print it out without having to go the internet route? Auto shops? What did they charge you for something of the size that you could cover the guitar (just curious)?
So here is an update for any interested. It of course showed up right after I posted this thread. I checked the shipping label and they didn't ship the thing until July 12 and I ordered it on June 21st, so not sure what is the reason for that. I suppose my only complaint would be the "customer service" aspect of it, but who knows it might just be some guy in his garage! lol. Other than that the vinyl transfer looks great! very high resolution and good colours. Pretty easy to install (I have a couple of wrinkles that I can't seem to get out, but aren't really that noticeable). I think it looks very much like an actual paint job complete with glossy finish. Here is what I would have done differently though. I would have just ordered the blank 18"X24" or whatever sheet instead of the one designed for the Les Paul itself. The vinyl came "pre-cut" for the bridge, pickups and holes for the knobs etc. It didn't exactly line up with my model so I will have to do some creative touch ups. Had I ordered the full sheet for the same price I would have avoided this problem. Once I get all the hardware back on it I will throw a couple of pics up so you can see it (if I can figure out how to post pics). I think that this is a great option to spruce up an old guitar that is lying around the house or for a cool looking gigging guitar.
If you lose hope of receiving it, you can file a complaint with your credit card company and they will probably refund your money.
garret142
Good to know

If you want to post pictures, put them on imgur, photobucket, tinypic or something like that and put [img] tags around them
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 26, 2016,
So I haven't quite had the time to get everything sorted out on getting it back together (gotta get some new speed knobs, wire the switch into the pickups, etc) and fix the places in the vinyl that didn't match up but her is where I am at so far. Not a great pic, but you get the gist, and when I am completely done I will put up some better ones.

edit: sorry the link I posted didn't work. I will try again.

http://imgur.com/yM1cPY5
Last edited by garret142 at Jul 29, 2016,
I had one I got for a cheapo LP. I never ended up installing it cause it didnt fit the body of the guitar at all. It would probably be better to cut the size of yourself so I agree with you on that
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Looks good, from the internet anyway. I have always wondered about those and they have some pretty rad designs. I might order one here soon. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
Quote by garret142
So here is an update for any interested. It of course showed up right after I posted this thread.
That's an exact analog of the method I use to find seemingly lost things! I accuse someone of stealing them.... :embarrassed:

Quote by garret142
I checked the shipping label and they didn't ship the thing until July 12 and I ordered it on June 21st, so not sure what is the reason for that. I suppose my only complaint would be the "customer service" aspect of it,
Well, ya never know. It might take one day to print out the skin, and twenty days to cut the holes.... (I'm joking, of course).
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 31, 2016,
They have some that look exactly like fancy wood, others that look like famous graphics (well, like your bullseye!). They have a few that look like a relic'd guitar!